Odd Behavior

Hmmmm! Ah!

The black haired girl stretched as she woke up. It was 6:45 A.M. The window to her room let the calming light in. The fact that she lived near a beach only made the tranquil calm much more serene. Outside the window the soft swaying of palm trees added to the mix of pleasant sounds. It was a bright new day.

Her long flowing hair swayed as she went out of bed, still in her cute pajamas. After some more exercise and stretching, she headed downstairs.

"I wonder what's for breakfast?" She thought. Her automated companion S.A.M, was always unpredictable, and frequently surprised her with breakfasts she would never expect.

She enjoyed them all.

Yesterday she woke up to blueberry pancakes. The day before that, she got bacon and eggs. Today she got...

Wait, this is odd.

Why was S.A.M not here?

The girl decided to wait. "After all, he might be grocery shopping!", the girl said playfully to herself.

But an hour had passed, and S.A.M still hadn't come back.

"Weird... I guess I'll just make myself a sandwich", the girl decided. But just as she was about to reach for the loaves, S.A.M burst through the door.

Before the girl could say anything, S.A.M interjected. "I'm terribly sorry, I had some business to attend to. Here, I made you some pancakes and orange juice! Eat up!".

Just when the girl was about to ask for an explanation, S.A.M had already bolted up the stairs.

For the girl, this was odd behavior, especially for S.A.M. Normally, he'd sit with her as she ate, answering any questions she had. But today, he just ignored that protocol of his. At the same time, the S.A.M she knew was shiny and silver. Today, as he burst through the door, the girl realized that the once shiny android was now dull and has dent marks. At the same time, he had mud splatters all over him. Unusual, since he'd always avoid anything that would dull him.

As the girl ate her breakfast, she passed it off as just a random occurrence. But for some reason, she just couldn't shake the feeling, that something had thrown him off. As if he saw something that caused him to override his programming and prioritize his focus on whatever he saw. As if the mere sight of the something had caused him to label everything else as unimportant. As if the something had resisted whatever S.A.M was trying to do, as evidenced by the dents. As if something had caused S.A.M to remember his purpose. Come to think of it, S.A.M simply appeared at her doorstep one day, and said he was a "free delivery" or something. Whatever it was, the something had definitely thrown S.A.M off course. Or someone...

But the girl simply pushed these thoughts at the back of her head and decided to just finish her breakfast.

(Hello, internet! Author boi here! Did ya like the premise so far? Any improvements I could do? Just dump it all in the comments section, and while you're at it, maybe smash that vote button, and perhaps a quick follow if you want to read more!
See you guys later!)