004

SKYLER

Chloe didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. I spent the entire night, tossing and turning at the thought of Chloe ending our friendship. I can't let her go. I have no idea what I'd do without her, she was my rock, she kept me grounded. Back then, I didn't care about myself, or others. I was reckless, but when I met Chloe, she changed that. She gave me goals. She gave me motivation. She changed me completely.

The next day, I spent a fat chunk of my day moving into my friend, Eunji's apartment. Her brother, Jisung happened to be there too and chose to help us out.

Eunji is a friend I met through Chloe. She and Chloe are like the moms of our friend group. Eunji is always ready to listen to your problems, and always has a solution to them. I love venting out to her, and I wasted no time ranting about my feelings towards Chloe to her.

We settled down after fitting my bed and drawers into my room, and had a glass of lemonade while chatting. We secretly watched from the balcony as Jisung was flirting with a girl in the neighborhood.

"Love is in the air huh?" I sighed as I sat back in my chair. Eunji giggled and sipped her lemonade, looking almost smug. I squinted my eyes in suspicion, "What? What's going on?"

"Oh nothing. This lemonade is just too good." She giggled a little more. I was getting a little more concerned, "Eunji, what's going on? What the fuck did you do?" Eunji put down her glass and leaned in close. "Correct me if I'm wrong but, do you like Chloe by any chance? I mean like, romantically." I can't even explain what I felt at that moment, relief but a little fear.

"I might. I do like her," I paused, "Romantically. How'd you know?" Eunji squealed and clapped her hands in excitement. "A little birdie told me so. Well actually, a little birdie told me something and I'm playing detective and cupid right now." Eunji sipped a little more juice and continued, "Chloe told me what went down yesterday.. in the change room... a little smoochin' went down in there." My jaw dropped, why on earth would Chloe tell Eunji that?

"Yeah, also some other details I didn't need to know or hear but anyways. Chloe was saying she kind of liked it, and she went on a whole rant about how she's been seeing you differently lately and that she thinks she likes you. But she's scared." I tilted my head in confusion, "Afraid of what, the boogie man?"

Eunji shook her head, "She's scared about how you'd react to her feelings. Like would you be like mad or sad. Would you end all ties with her? Out her as a lesbian? Basically, she's scared of a negative reaction." My heart stopped, she's feeling exactly what I'm feeling. I gasped, "Same right here, I'm scared she might end out friendship, or our friendship may not recover from this!" Eunji nodded and happily drank her lemonade, nodding along.

"Now, that you've got all this information. What are you gonna do?"

I smiled and sat comfortably in my chair, "I think I might—."

"I THINK I MIGHT SHIT MYSELF." Jisung yelled as he walked to the balcony door. "What is it sweetheart?" Eunji turned around quickly. "I just confessed to Baby and I may or may not have a girlfriend!" Eunji got up and hugged Jisung, jumping around and cheering with him. "I'm so proud of you Jisungie! You got a girlfriend! You got a girlfriend!"

I unconsciously smiled at the sight of Eunji and Jisung celebrating Jisung's first girlfriend, my mind immediately went to Chloe, hoping that could me and Eunji celebrating my successful attempt at getting Chloe as my girlfriend.