011

S K Y L E R

I remained in my room for most of the week, I didn't communicated with anyone for a while. Eunji urged me a few times but I didn't listen, I'd say I'm not ready and continue to sulk in my room. By Saturday morning the apartment owners told us some type of harmful gas was leaking out of the heaters and the residents of the building had to evacuate from the late afternoon until basically the next day which was around four or five am. I don't have any proof but I feel Eunji's motherly powers had something to do with this mess.

Eunji mentioned something about a party, 'the first party of the summer' as everyone calls it. I didn't have much of a choice, everyone in the senior grades were going, so that meant I either go home and sulk at my mom's house or go out to this party, and I'm definitely not gonna get into a screaming match with my mom tonight, not in this mental state. Eunji invited some of our friends over to have a few starter drinks and get ready. This party was being hyped during the last months of school, we needed to come there feeling good to contribute to that hype.

Billie, Chaeyoung and Yerim came over with overnight bags filled with makeup and their clothes for the party. We blasted some music, poured a few shots and got to work. I let Chaeyoung do my makeup, and borrowed her clothes. When she was finished, I took a look in the mirror, I looked so different. The makeup was much bolder than what I'd do on a regular basis. My eyes were covered in glittery eyeshadow and had a dramatic wing. I was wearing a black leather bralette and extremely short ass short with fishnet stockings. I became more easy-going and happier, I felt like a different person and we hadn't even left the house yet.

This version of me was carefree, almost like the old me. She was loud and said dumb, funny, and a little vulgar stuff. We drove off to the party, and the house the party was held at was overflowing with drunk, reckless teens. We were almost a block away and we could hear the powerful thumping bass from the house. the atmosphere made me feeling even more hyped, i just wanted to split from my group and sprint into the house.

The house was big, and kind of dark except for the bright neon lights shooting across the ceiling. People were covered in glow in the dark paint, they were playing with lightsabers and wore really cool helmets and rode around with skateboards, elderly scooter, and... is that a shopping cart?

As you move deeper into the living room, it was filled with people. So many people, dancing wildly, almost like animals.

Chaeyoung and Billie greeted almost everyone we pass by, this wasn't uncommon. Chaeyoung and Billie are really social people, If there's a party, they'd know first, they got along with anyone. We squeezed into the kitchen to grab some more drinks. My stomach dropped when I saw a familiar face.

It was Chloe. She looked so beautiful, she had cute spacebuns and glitter scattered along her face almost resembling the blush that anime girls do. She was laughing with Jisung, his girlfriend, and another guy I couldn't recognize. Chaeyoung, Billie, Eunji, Yeri and I rushed over to them, yelling and greeting each other. Chloe hugged me tightly, I felt like all the alcohol I just consumed was about make a comeback.

"Skyler you're looking good, you did this yourself?" Chloe was sligthly slurring.

"Chaeyoung did it, I could never pull this off myself." We laughed. The guy beside Chloe handed everyone a red cup. He smiled at me, "I'm Nate." I waved, "Skyler." Billie came in, hugging Chloe and kissing her temple.

"Is this the special Nate you've been talking about?" She asked, Chloe looked at me, a little shocked. "Skyler, this is my boyfriend, Nate." Chloe has a boyfriend? Nate kissed her cheek a couple times, wrapping his arms around her waist. Yeri came into the kitchen, yelling at us to hit the dance floor. Everyone rushed to the dance floor and began jumping along to a bass filled rap song. My eyes kept following Chloe and Nate dancing together. They were dancing in such a provocative way, his hands roamed all of her body as she was grinding against him.

I felt a spark of jealousy in the pit of my stomach. I know it's wrong but I couldn't help it, this isn't right, Nate shouldn't be with her. I should. After a while, I moved out into the pool patio. As amusing as it was to watch drunk people play around in the pool, I couldn't get my mind off of Chloe. I took a good look at the house, whoever held this party really outdid themselves. Shit, there was a fucking chocolate fountain here. Most of the night was a drunk blur, I remember hanging out with a girl who definitely had too much to drink. I ended up alone once again, I wanted to see that chocolate fountain one more but ended up seeing more than needed.

As I got closer, I saw Chloe and Nate making out by the fountain. They had no regard for the people around them, they looked like they were about to fuck right there in front of everyone.

I couldn't take this shit anymore, all my suppressed feelings bubbled out of me.

I rushed over to the chocolate fountain, turned the knob to the highest setting, and melted chocolate flew everywhere, mostly covering Chloe and Nate. I calmed down from my blind rage and took another good look at what just went down.

"SKYLER WHAT THE HELL?" Chloe yelled, drawing attention to us. "FUCK WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?" Nate yelled. People began looking at me with mean, harsh stares. Tears began filling my eyes and ended up running out of the house. I past by Chaeyoung, and the rest of the girls, they called me over and over but I ignored them.