018

C H L O E

Nate finally responded that day. He told he was bringing up a few friends with him and we could all go hiking together. I squealed as my phone dinged with that message as a notification.

I told everyone in the living room the good news and everyone cheered. "Does this mean we have to watch you two make out most of the hike?" Billie gagged.

I thought about kissing him and subconsciously bit my lip, blushing and everyone groaned in disappointment. "Ew I just had breakfast loser." Skyler threw a pillow at me, giving me a sly smile, causing me to blush. A thread of last night's events flooded my brain, I felt a little hot but a little bothered.

"If it makes you feel better, I can't wait to meet your boyfriend." Ronnie piped up, everyone else booed her words and chucked pillows at her. "Thank you Ronnie, thank you!" I said over the booing.

Soon after spending some more time watching netflix and eating breakfast leftovers, we got ready for the big hike. One of Nate's friends knew about a really beautiful hangout spot that we could rest at and talk at, at the end of the hiking trail.

We met up with Nate's friends and started our journey up. The view the further we got into the hike was beautiful, the view right in front of me wasn't though.

Nate was talking with Veronica, more than he was talking to me which was odd, because I'm his girlfriend. Skyler kept me company though so I couldn't complain. After the long hike, we made up to the hang out spot. Immediately, I found a flat rock to sit on and collapsed on it.

"My everything hurts so bad!" I whined as Chaeyoung sat next to me. "You're not the only one Chloe."

As the group got into conversation, I couldn't take my eyes off of Nate and Veronica. They looked more like a couple than people that met an hour or so ago. They had their own separate conversation from the rest and whispering and giggling to each other.

Skyler kept trying to advert my attention to what was going down in the group conversation but I refused to follow. After a while, we decided it's best we go back down to the cabin and packed for the journey back and continued the conversation at the cabin.

Not much changed down there, Nate and Veronica made up an excuse to leave the cabin, to smoke weed outside so they don't stink up the cabin and disappeared faster than any of the rest of us could respond.

I moved to the kitchen to fix myself up a drink, someone followed. "Aw, such fast friends!" Jihoon, one of Nate's friends, cooed jokingly. I rolled my eyes at his comment, "Thanks for hiking with us today." Jihoon nodded, and quickly snatched the drink I poured.

"Give that back jerk!" I whined as he drank most of it, giving me basically a cup of ice back. He laughed as I growled in disappointment, "I actually hate you!"

"Just take that as my version of payment m'lady." He tipped his imaginary fedora and I shoved his shoulder. "Ugh, you're just like Nate, it's disgusting." He laughed as I said that.

The party ended soon and Nate decided to spend the night with us. The next few days of the trip weren't anything too special. We used the jacuzzi most of the nights, we went sledding down a few childhood hills of mine. The party really ended on the last day of the trip. Veronica thought it was best if Nate dropped her off at home instead of me, even though Nate had no idea where she lived.

"Yes, yes I'll be okay. I'll see you later okay?" Nate gave me a sloppy kiss and almost sprinted back to his car.

I spent most of the long car ride contemplating the worst that could come out of that friendship. I felt so uneasy.

I felt like that since that trip. Eunji told me not to worry and chat with Nate about my feelings. Nate wasn't very understanding, he saw nothing wrong in basically dropping his girlfriend all of a sudden and focusing most of his energy on his girlfriend's friend.

Finally, I understood what was going on.

And it wasn't pretty.