007

C H L O E

I shuffled into the dimly lit house as quietly as possible. It was so quiet I assumed my parents had fallen asleep. The door made a loud, drawn out whine as it closed. I quickly closed the door, tensing up. I heard tiny tapping footsteps tiptoeing downstairs to the living room where I was. A lamplight switched on, I saw my mom standing with a silk robe covering her tightly.

"Sweetheart where have you been? It's almost ten." Her voice was hoarse. I stood, frozen like ice. I stuttered out Skyler, I felt like a deer caught in the headlights. My parents are still pretty old-fashioned, they believe in no tattoos, no piercings, sex after marriage, and that marriage is between a man and a woman, or as my dad says 'It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.'

"You should've told me, I tried to text you but you didn't reply." She walked towards me and hugged. "You know how your father, you're our youngest, we love you too much to lose you honey." As she peeled from the hug she scammed me up and down, quickly focusing on my neck. 

'Shit.' My mind screamed at myself, remembering Skyler kissed me with her crimson lipstick. "What did you guys to do?" My mom's warm aura faded away with a colder one. "We went out for some ice cream, Skyler needed to blow off some steam since her and her mom are really bumping heads nowadays." I wanted to bury myself in a deep ditch, why was I so careless? Why did I let Skyler kiss me? Her eyes squinted, her hand roughly wiped the kiss marks off my neck and checked her hand.

"We were just fooling around while taking pics, none of that meant anything. I swear." My throat burned from being dry. My mom sighed and walked off without a response, rushing back upstairs. I felt chills rush up and down my spine and stumbled over to turn off the lamplight. I'd cry a river if my parents found out about me and Skyler. They'd probably forbid me from seeing Skyler. They'd make me move schools to never even lay eyes on Skyler. They'd probably put me up for adoption because I'd look like an abomination to them. 

I shakily made it upstairs, feeling a wave of sickness as my eyes past by my parents' room. I simply took off my pants and climbed into my bed. My stomach shriveled up in fear, and somehow I ended up falling asleep.