Chapter 31

Klaus and I had left the hotel room early the next morning, The sun wasn't even up.

We went to the coffee shop we were one of the first in there. Klaus has ordered us small breakfast and some coffee, of course we already ate but he said it would look bad if we didn't have food and we were there for a long time. I looked around and smiled this was a really cute book shop and coffee shop. 
    We sat there in silence eating our food and drinking our coffee.
   Nothing happened yet and it was almost 1 pm. We were taking turns reading books and I ended up purchasing a notebook and pen so I was writing or doodling.

I was in the middle of drawing a large willow tree that he said anything.
  "You seemed a bit changed since we left camp." He mused.

    I nodded once and looked out to the hotel across the street.
    "That's because I feel as if I need to change. Especially with the situation at hand." I explained softly but then looked at him. "You have changed too. More uptight, more serious." I kinda mocked a deep voice when I said serious.

   He nodded and looked me over.
   "I was foolish at the camp. I was giddy, a love sick pup. I was letting all my gaurds down. All my defenses. But just as you said the situation has changed. Especially after the rouges first attack."

   "So are you glad we met at camp? Am I what you need? What the packs need?" I asked softly.
"Truthfully I dont know, but maybe the moon goddess has a plan. My father wont like it. You are low rank." He stated rather boldly. My head snapped up to look at him.

He was watching me, taking in my reaction.
After a moment he continued. "As far as I know you are also a half breed. My father is very um let's say racist against those who arent full blooded. He is a angry man. Has been for some time. But I'll protect you from him."

      We went quiet again both of us in deep thought.
   He was foolish? So he wasnt really who he lead me to believe back at the camp. But I understood. And then to say anything about my blood. In my pack you were a were even if you werent able to shift.

        Then to talk about his father like he was a threat to my safety. It had me worried.

"Once we announce you to the public he will have to accept it. We havent because of the rouges, but once we figure who is trying to kill you to get to me, we will set up a press call." He said softly his hand reaching for mine. 

I held his hand hopeing the bond between us could sooth my anxiety attack.
What he said didnt sooth me. But that didn't matter at the moment. I looked out the window and at that time I saw a sleek black suv with what looked like 6 guys in it. All looked buff. Buff to all be 1 of 2 things supermodels body builder collection or werewolves.

      "Someone pulled in the alley to the hotel parking." I said suddenly forgetting about everything he just said for the moment.

"You stay and watch the front and I'll go check it out. Do not leave unless too much time has went by. Then if it has run to Luke, he knows the plan from here." He leaned over the table and kissed me. Just a simple kiss on the lips like a normal couple saying goodbye.

I was shaking watching him walk out the door. I had to hold snow back from leaping after him.
    I watched him cross the busy street and run across into the alley I had seen the car go down.

    I stared and watched until I saw someone come out the front of the hotel and start looking around.   He was in grey slacks and a button up shirt. Like a body gaurd.
  I saw he had black hair and tan skin very very buff. His eyes were a amber color. I knew he was a wolf.
But I second guessed myself until I saw him sniff the air searching for a scent.
He looked straight at the coffee shop. Klaus' scent was leading him right to me.

2 more guys followed him out of the hotel. When I saw them start walking this way I wanted to puke my guts out. My adrinaline was going.

   "Shit." I hissed. I turned around and walked through the coffee shop. I went to the hallway that held the restrooms and a exit glass door. Luckily the glass on the coffee shop was tinted well enough they couldn't see me. I went out into a small walkway that was between buildings.

   'Code red.' I mindlinked to Luke.
   'Where are you?'  Luke growled back.

   I stayed silent. Not letting him see where I was. He was going to want to grab me and run like Klaus wanted. I had other plans.

Hopefully my scent was masked well enough since I wasnt marked or mated I didnt have Klaus' scent on me.
I felt dumb. Maybe that's why he refused to touch me or be near me. I just thought it was because he was stressed. But it was for my safety.

    I made my way down a few blocks and into a parking garaged a few buildings down and went into a elevator to do to the fourth floor.
    I walked over to the side and I had a pretty good few of the hotel. I saw 2 SUV's upfront of the hotel entrance. 

    There was a group of men coming out of the door and in the middle of them was Klaus.
    They were around him,  not like holding him down, he was willingly being escorted  into the suv.
    Before he got in he looked up, right at me.
  He was mad but he smirked like he didnt expect anything less.
      I took a deep breath because I knew when I saw him get in the car I knew I would loose it.

   It truly looked like Klaus did the same. He took a deep breath. To either calm himself or just prepare for what he would have to go threw.

   Who knew when we would meet next.

I watched him get in the car and the suv he was in drove away.

     I watched as the a few men.. werewolves.. got in the other suv after 45 minutes of looking for me I think and they drove off.

  I slid down to the ground and sat bringing my knees up to my chest.

  I didnt snapped out of my daze until someone lifted my head up softly.

   I looked up to see luke smile sympathetically at me.
   ''Hey there." He said in a soft voice.

  "Oh luke!" I jumped forward into his arms and clung to him like a small crying child.

"Its okay Cal, he had it all figured out. He left instructions for us. He didnt abandon you." Luke explained hugging me tightly.

      We sat there before Luke told me it was time to go. We had things to do and it seemed like it would be more challenging then we thought.