Chapter 30

Everyone stayed quiet moving around the hotel rooms. We kept most lights off as we moved about. Klaus told luke to go shower in the other bathroom in the other room and told me to go take one in the bigger shower.
I just picked out some clothes to wear to bed and headed that way.

After standing in the hot shower and letting tears fall I decided to get out.

I still felt yucky because hotel soaps can only get you so cleaned. My hair was going to be a mess and I knew there wasnt a brush anywhere to be found.
I sighed and dryer off with the towels that was on the rack right next to the shower then got dressed in grey polar bear pj pants and button up long shirt.

I wiped the steamy glass mirrior and looked at myself.
Even though I was cleaned I still felt a mess inside and out.
Something about this situation didn't feel right.

When I finally got out of the bathroom after trying to untangle my hair. I looked around and the boys where no where in site. The door to the other room was shut and it looked like the lights were off.
I assumed they went to bed. They must have been extra exhausted.

I was kinda mad that they didnt say goodnight or even just checked in but I sighed deciding not to get too hurt over it.
I went to open the window curtains and turned off all the light letting the moon light and street lights shine into the room.

I shut off the one yellow lamp off and I started to get into bed.
I was laying there looking out the window when I heard footsteps down the hallway. I chose to ignore them but it wasnt until I heard them stop infront of my door that I started panicking.

They slipped a card key into the door and I jumped up throwing the covers off of me.

I hid under the bed. Like a child.
The door opened and a man came in the room.
I held my breath. My heart was beating so fast that it felt like a giant humming bird inside my chest.

There was a bedskirt on the bed that hid me but was thin enough I could see the man looking around the room. First in the bathroom then in the closet, then in the wardrobe.

I knew he was gonna find me i knew the boys sleeping in the next room wouldnt even be able to figure out where i went or worse, who i was killed by.

The man stopped in the middle of the room and I heard a sigh of relief.

"Calliope! Get out from under the bed!" Luke's hissed at me.

"Well, I didn't know it was you!" I hissed back sliding out.

When I sat up I looked over glaring at Luke and Klaus, who were just standing there with 2 bags groceries each in their arms. They looked cleaned and had new clothes on. Luke in black jeans and blue shirt. And Klaus in dark blue jeans and a black v neck shirt.

Luke seemed amused with what just happened.

Klaus looked displeased with it all. It made me feel uneasy.

"At least we know she can hide quickly." Luke shrugged as he turned to put the brown paper bags on the counter.

I got up of the ground and walked over to them to see what they had got.

2 bags were just full of meats of almost every kind, another had snack foods, and the other had fruits and vegetables.

"So is this all because we are staying a few days? Or is this for us to eat while we can while we are on the run?" I asked confused.

"If everything goes according to plan, we will be leaving later tomorrow night. We will stay and relax here in the hotel. Luke and I will stake out the other hotel to see who is having us followed." He explained starting to put all the groceries in the fridge or on the counter nice and neat.