chapter 29

Okay, i know what you are thinking, but no your wrong. I wasnt running away.. i just needed a minute.

A minute without them watching my every move. A minute to breath without feeling the mating bond.

     A minute to let myself feel the anxiety fill me. I couldnt go another minute acting like this wasnt something  to be okay about.

   I went around the building and found a bench out of the veiw of the main doors. I sat down setting my bags down and i leaned over and put my head in my hands.

     I took a few deep breaths and made sure i wasnt going to cry before lifting my head back up.

    I sighed and took in my surroundings,  there was a fountain, a small coffee shop on the outside of the building and a few people walking by to get to their cars.

    Normal people, having to worry about normal human things, like getting something to eat, or that they spent too much money, or Bill's for their house or their cars.

   I wanted that. The stress of the normal human things. Not the stress of getting caught or killed by who knows who. I never signed up for this. Being the luna Princess. I didnt even want a mate this year.. I was suppose to go back home mate less.

      But now just because of who I'm mated too everyone I love is at risk. So is Klaus my mate because I will fall inlove with him or is he my mate to make my life harder?

    Only the moon goddess will ever know.

   I felt like I had to be on gaurd now, just to make sure Klaus was the one for me. Just because this mating bond linked us it means nothing until we fully go threw the other mating rituals to complete the bond.

  The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I felt Klaus's eyes on me from behind and I didnt even have to turn around to find out it was him.

I glanced over my shoulder to see him and Luke coming out the glass doors of the mall. Klaus expression was relieved to see me safe and sound.  He looked like he took a deep breath like he was holding his breath before he saw me.

   Luke on the other hand was a bit frustrated, "see there she is! I told you!"  They headed over to me and Klaus gave me a look that demanded to know what happened.
   I was about to speak when Luke cut me off by plopping down on the bench besides me and saying. "This dude! He ran into 'Pretty undies store looking for you! Even went back to the dressing room to call your name! I thought the point was not to cause attention to ourselves!"

I laughed half heartedly and shook my head looking away from Klaus's gaze.
   "There was two doors," I stated.

"See! She went out the other door because we werent right outside the one and she got confused and just chose one! She isnt good with directions!" Luke seemed very annoyed with Klaus. Luke also lied for me because he knew me better. The whole being half werewolf helped with the whole direction thing. But still we were assumed to be weaker.

    "Well, here is the plan. We need to go get a hotel room and I'm gonna call one of my buddies from another pack for a safe house. We should be safe for a few days. And I need to call my mother, she will send us some gaurds and get us to the castle safely." As Klaus explained this Luke and I exchanged a few looks.

    'What if it's someone at the castle?' Luke's voice popped in my head. His voice was soft so I wouldnt be startled.

  I looked at Klaus wanting to ask but it would be safer not too.
    'Best call right now is just to trust him and see where this goes. Unless you have a back up plan?"  I regretted asking. Because I didn't want to have a back up plan. I wanted whatever was going to happen go Klaus's way. But we had to be prepared.
Klaus had noticed we were mind linking and he coughed to clear his throat. "Anything to share with the group?"

I grimaced at the hint of annoyance in his voice.

       "I do but dont worry about it. If anything goes bad at anytime run north not south." After luke said this he then spoke up.
"Call your mom and let's get going. We are all so tired we all need sleep."

We called another cab to drop us downtown where we would walk to some nicer hotels.

  "What if since they want him they are going to want me? What about my family our friends or our pack are they in any kind of danger?" I asked.

    I was staring out the window but in the reflection I say luke slightly shake his head.  But I felt like it was a lie to make me feel better.

'Dont worry about that right now, I've already handled everything. I wouldnt be here if anyone else would be in danger. You are the main priority. I feel as if mr prince over here cant keep you safe by himself.' Luke tried to sound cocky and less unsure but it didnt work.

  My mind was still racing. No one said anything when we got out of the cab. Klaus went ahead to the hotel and told us to wait outside. We did and said nothing. Then he came out and had us walk down 2 more blocks to another hotel.

"Did they not have a room available?" I asked.

"Oh I booked one under my name." He replied with a smirk.
  I gaped at him.

   "What?" I asked.

   "I'm luring out who is after us." Klaus looked smug with himself.

  I was shocked.
    "That's incredibly-" I started.
Luke spoke up just at that time.
  "-smart!"

       I glared at the boys.

"No it's not it's stupid it wont work!"

      "Calm down Cal, this is so stupid it just might work. They wont be able to  help themselves to come and check it out." Luke rubbed his hands together.  He was always looking for a fight it seems like. He was a face it head on type of person.

         I turned to Klaus and he had his expression as blank as possible. So I couldnt read if he was out of his mind or not.

    "Let's just get a few hours of sleep and everyone cleaned up. We will talk about this later." He sighed as we went into the other hotel.
       I didnt like it.

    "The paparazzi will probably show up before anyone else. You used your name right? Paparazzi will be here as soon as someone tips them off, wont they?" I was trying to reason with them.

  Klaus looked over at luke for some help.

  I turned enough to see Luke shrug his shoulders.

   Klaus grabbed me by my elbow and guided me into the hotel doors.

     He was refusing to explain.
  I sighed giving up for now.

  We all had a couple of our shopping bags in our hands and took them to 2 ajoining rooms we reserved.
While we were in the elevator i turned to face both of them.

"I need you both to understand, Bromance or not. Never try to team up on me." I stated as serious as I could. "Cant you go back to hating each other?"

They both just rolled their eyes and laugh. Making me glare at them.

"We will discuss this later my 'princess.' " klaus sounded annoyed but he was trying to be calm with me.
I looked up in his eyes to see how tired he was.

   Fine I'll let it go, for now..