Klaus POV part 3

She surprised me when I lifted her off the boulder she grasped my face in her hands and kissed me.
I started pulling away because I didnt want our first kiss to be like this.. but honestly since nothing was going how I expected...

  I leaned into her. My lips on hers moving gently and slowly yet I tried to be as passionate as ever. This series of little kisses weren't enough for me.. or for Theo. He wanted more. Hell I wanted more.

   But I blissfully just kissed her for a few moments before I sat her down on her feet. I pulled away and pressed one of her hands to my face. I had to actually keep my breathing calm. It was never this tough to keep my wild beast at bay. 
I avoided her eyes. If I saw them I swear I would just say to hell with it all and take her right here and now.

  "I was going to let our wolves meet.. but at this very moment maybe we should wait, my dear. Theo is getting a bit out of control.." I explained. Finally feeling confident enough to look at her.

She giggles and said "oops.." 

  Her long dark lashes made her blue eyes look brighter for some reason like they glowed in the dark.

He lips were just full and  light pink color, the way that dress gripped her torso...
"No keep looking, what about her torso?" Theo teased.  He was only this bad when we went through the change around 13.
  Puberty and being a wolf doesnt mix. 

I shook my head and to try to clear it. I stepped away but held her right hand in my left.

She started walking down the trail, so I fell in step with her.
I never had a girlfriend want to go away from a party, away from the attention of being on my arm.

I like this.. its different.

I just looked her over like I had the whole night. Her hair how parts fell around her face and down her neck.  How her make up didnt over take her natural looks, and how when she looked at me her eyes sparkled.

I knew from the moment I saw her tonight I made my decision. She was going to be mine, and mine alone. I'd do anything to protect her. Keep her away from harms way. Be by her side for the rest of her life.

~memory flashback.~
Earlier.

I walked in as it was Calliope's turn to walk down the stairs. She was frozen at the top of the stairs.

Panicked. She was panicking.

Calliope was being asked for her name and pack by the announcer.
Kate looked over her shoulder and spotted me. She held her hands up as if to ask what to do so I waved her forward.

Kate stepped forward and whispered in the announcers ear. Then she took Calliope's arm and looped it through her arm.

I couldnt help but smile, they looked to be friends. I wanted to see them like this more. 

I watched they walked down the stairs. Then when they announced their names,  Calliopes expression when she heard that Kate was a princess. It made me flinch. Of course I didnt want Kate to keep her identity a secret..but when I saw Calliope's shocked expression made me second guess myself.

I felt Calliopes anxiety, I knew she was nervous. But it wasnt about not finding her mate or finding a mate. At this age many girls were told the reality of it, 1 out of 15, 17 year old girls hardly found their mates.

Ever since the awakening ceremony I felt her emotions for the last few hours. I had already met her so i was already forming the mating bond.

Anxiety, I felt nothing but anxiety.

   I think her anxiety was about attention on her. And walking down with Kate didnt help.
   That made me want to second guess my choice. If she didnt like all the attention on her.. it was only going to be worse in the future.