Confrontation

Final chapter! Whoo-hoo!

Also, important information at the bottom. Enjoy the chapter tho!

As they swung, Harry kept an acute eye on Peter.

Granted, ever since little butterflies have begun sprouting in his belly whenever he looked at Peter, he's already spent time watching his friend; but there was a bit more reason behind his staring this time. He was watching the way Peter moved when he swung. It was different than how Harry did it. More controlled. Peter put more bodily effort into each swing and his movements were more fluid and agile, as opposed to Harry who mostly just used his arms and was rigid and tight.

Peter used the full power of his body, from his arms pulling him up, to his legs swinging and giving him momentum. His body was a vigorous twisting, arching performance that was so different from how it looked on TV. So few people were lucky enough to get close enough to watch and it was mesmerizing to see first-hand.

Harry did his best to mimic it, but even with Venom's help it was hard. He's come to notice that the symbiote tended to lean toward aggression in its manner – strong swings, fast movements, and powerful landings. Peter was a lot nimbler and more acrobatic; gentler upon approach and light on his feet.

Peter mentioned that the symbiote was created from him somehow, but aside from their similar power-sets, Harry couldn't see how the symbiote had come from someone as gentle-seeming as Peter.

It took only a few short minutes to make it back to Oscorp – he'd been too impatient to talk with Peter to put a real distance between him and SHIELD – and Peter's team was already waiting for them there. They didn't add any further "commendations" to the compromising position they'd found Harry and Peter in, but their amusement was all-too visible on the faces which was almost as bad as any verbal teasing.

Peter, thank goodness, didn't seem to want to shed any more light back on that predicament and went straight to the matter at hand, "Alright," he gave a small cough to clear his throat, "I know where Goblin's hideout is now, thanks to that whole," he waved his hand, "kidnapping thing, but he's expecting his little science experiment to drag Spider-Man back by his webs any minute now."

"So, Goblin sent you out to get you," White Tiger took the moment to clarify "You're lucky the symbiote didn't just out you altogether."

"Yeah, it's all rainbows and sparkles. Either way, if we don't do something soon, he's going to come out to see what's taking so long. We need a plan."

"Oh! I got one," Nova raised his hand eagerly, "Would if we had Harry throw you back into the hideout, he pretends to be the other symbiote, so Goblin is caught off guard, then you double team him."

They all stared at him in deadpan, "That sounds like something Spidey would come up with," White Tiger scoffed, crossing her arms, "Which probably means it'd go wrong instantly."

"Hey!" the aforementioned teen cried indignantly.

"Yeah man, let's try something else," Powerman agreed. "If we tried that, we could just be giving Goblin both Spidey and Harry."

Sam scowled and crossed his arms, "Whatever, you guys are just jealous cause you can't think of anything better."

"Actually," Harry stepped forward, "I think Nova's idea could work. At least for a moment. If you guys follow up as backup, we can take my dad off guard."

"And what if he has those green orb things," Luke countered, folding his arms and turning to Spider-Man, "We tried backing you up this morning Pete, and we all saw how that turned out. What do you plan on doing if Goblin gets the upper hand again?"