A Heart-To-Heart

And we're back with the 3rd chapter! One more chapter to go after this!

Enjoy some emotional-talking between the boys, because heaven knows they NEED it.

Because this day couldn't get any worse, Peter desperately thought to himself as he was hauled from another building and the grip on his waist jolted. He instinctively clung to Harry – Venom's? – body more tightly, so he didn't fall and become human paste for Bugle to scorn for his idiocy. He still had his webshooters, thank goodness, so in the circumstances that he did fall, the only thing he needed to worry about was someone spotting regular Peter Parker skedaddling from a large, goop monster with attachment issues.

Venom's grip was strong though, and very sturdy, and after a few minutes of sailing through the air, Peter was semi-confident that he wasn't going to get dropped. Still, his heartbeat a nervous rhythm when he spared a thought to what Venom's intentions might be.

They said they wanted to "end this," and Peter hoped they didn't mean by ripping out his throat and leaving his bloody carcass for SHIELD to find.

Despite the frantic clamor of his brain making the time drag endlessly, their trip was rather short-lived and in just a few minutes Harry/Venom landed on top of a large building, a good distance from Oscorp. Peter stumbled when they dropped him, and quickly regained his footing and straightened out.

"Harry, what are you-" he started and stopped, his heart jumping up his throat when he noticed just how close Venom was. He backed up without thinking about it and craned his neck to meet Venom's eyes. "H-Har? You still with me?"

"Of coursssse we are," Venom said, though their irritated scowl didn't lessen and did little to ease Peter's fears. They stepped forward and Peter stepped back, and they continued in such a pattern until Peter's back inevitably hit the wall to the stairway compartment that led into the building. Venom closed off any other escape routes from there by placing his immense arms against the walls on both Peter's sides, caging him in.

"O – okay," Peter stuttered, holding out his arms as if to keep them at bay. His hands hit the wide berth of Venom's chest and Peter quickly withdrew them again, blushing deeply. Goop monster or not, that was Harry somewhere down there. "I - I want to talk to Harry."

"We are lissstening."

"Not Venom. I want to talk to Harry, not you."

"We are the sssame."

"No, you're not," Peter insisted and swallowed roughly, looking to the side when Venom's gaze became too much to handle. His arms were curled up against his chest now, fingers pinched together and knuckles white.

"Peter," Peter looked up, surprised with how much that did sound like Harry. Venom crouched down so they were more eye-level. Peter tried not to balk when those large white eyes settled on his. "We are the sssame. Harry and Venom. We are lissstening."

Peter took a deep breath, one that rattled in his chest like a loose screw. Being so close to the symbiote put him on a sword's edge. The only time he's been this close to one was when it was either a) attacking him, or b) controlling him. His heart was dong a terrified jig in his ribs and adrenaline raced through his body like a spooked cartoon character. He felt too jumpy to handle a calm conversation. Too much like Carnage.

Venom's head cocked to the side, "You are sscared of usss." They said and Peter grimaced. "Do we ssscare you like thisss?"