“Hey Doc, we have a 215. We have a 215.” She said into it.

“Copy that. I’m on my way.” Doctor S’s voice rang through the device. Literally 10 seconds later he ran out to meet us.

“Come now children. This way. Quickly.” He said taking Mr. Solomon and speeding down a hallway. Soon we came to a dead end, or so I thought. He ran his fingers across the end of the wall and a portion of it lit up scanning his fingerprints. The wall opened up revealing this secret room. “I’ll be right back. I have to grab a couple things. Get him on the bed.” Doctor S said before Dashing out of the room. In a group effort we lifted Mr. Solomon onto the larger than normal sized hospital bed.

“Guys, go clean up the mess in Headmistress Morgan’s office. I will be right there after Doctor S get back and starts handling things. The girls nodded and exited the room. I looked over at Mr. Solomon and smiled.

“You see? I’m taking care of you, like you’ve always taken care of me.” I said grabbing his hand.

“You’re growing into such a strong woman Daniela. I know your father, when he comes home, will be proud. I know I am, so proud of you.” He said stroking my head. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked up at him.

“It’s all thanks to you, Joe.” I said as a tear slipped down my face. I felt the stickiness of the blood in my hair and on my face, but that didn’t matter right now.

“No, it’s you. You’re so strong and so smart and so caring. Even when you were away with the circle you were still a good guy. Then again, not everyone apart of the circle is a bad guy.“ He said as his hand slipped down to my cheek. I could see him getting weaker.

“How did you know that?” I asked.

“You’re dad. While I was away. He reached out to me. It was in the middle of the night somewhere. He was telling me that he still had business to attend, but he’ll be home soon. He was telling me how great it was spending time with you again. He loves you so much. He’s so proud of you.” He said quietly.

“I know.” I whispered as I wiped away stray tears.

“You’re growing up way too fast you know? Soon enough you’ll graduate, and you’ll be off in the field or at college.” He said with a weak smile.

“College. College first.” I said nodding.

“Spy college or normal college?” He asked

“Normal. I think I’d like to be normal for a little while.” I said nodding.

“What a waste of talent.” He said with a light chuckle causing me to laugh. “Tyler’s so lucky to have you. He needs a bit of normal in his life. And he’s finally found someone he can really, truly trust and love. He has you. You’re really all he has left.” Mr. Solomon said as his hand slipped into his lap.

“Really…” I said quietly.

“Yes. And I tell you this because he’s like a son to me. I love that kid more than his own family does. For a while, we’re all each other had.” He whispered. “Take good care of him.” He added before his eyes shut. Tears fell down my face and I wiped them away with my slightly bloody hands.

Then it clicked. Ty went on a mission with Mr. Solomon. Mr. Solomon is here… where’s Tyler? He has to be here, or… or… or something bad might’ve happened to him. Especially with Mr. Solomon being in this condition. Oh no. I ran out of the room all the way to Tyler’s room. I knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. I pulled out the bobby pin I always kept in my hair for emergencies and picked the lock. I busted in the door and bolted inside.