Mercy That Endures forever

One of the greatest virtues to have is faithfulness. Being faithful to a thing is attractive. When a man loves one woman and is faithful to that woman, it's beautiful. Don't we all like people that have been faithful in whatever they were called to do?

A faithful person is reliable. When you are faithful, you're trustworthy. God is reliable, in that he is faithful and doesn't change. He is constant. He is unmovable. He remains the same. If God had been merciful towards Job, he is merciful now.

Mercy is a feeling of sympathy or compassion for people. It's not merely just feeling some strong emotion, to have mercy is to have love for someone. God is not lacking in his ability to show mercy.

God loves us over and over again with agape love. For someone who's been around for so long, you'd think he'd grow tired of being the same person. How amazing! God has lived through many generations and his eyes have seen the worst, his ears have heard the worst and yet His name screams, mercy! Time and time again, his love and mercy gently picks us up from our lowly states to afford a seat amongst the best of the best. Only mercy, does that. Mercy is found in God.

La 3:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

(KJV)

God is compassionate towards us. He knows what's best for us and guides us in ways we could never understand. Why? Because He loves us.

We are limited as humans in the amount of love we share among ourselves. We cannot satisfy every need that comes with being interdependent on one another. God is able to satisfy our deepest needs. The bible says, He is the Alpha and Omega. (See Revelation 1:8) The Beginning and the end. Everything started with God and everything surely, will end with him.

What does that mean for us that follow God? It means God created us and he knows what it is that we'd need to live out life as he purposed for us to live. He knows who we marry before we marry our spouses. He knows our level of education and how far we'd go. He knows everything about us and things we may never discover. God is not limited.

He created you to be like him in character. God doesn't change because he knows who he is, we always seem to act out of character because we don't know who we are and whose we are. We are of God and belong to him.

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. {true...: or, holiness of truth}

(KJV)

God doesn't need a new man. Before we are born again, our spirit is corrupt and unfamiliar with heaven's ways. The only way we can meet God is if we are holy and righteous. Holiness characterizes the nature of God. It might seem a little difficult. How could we become holy? What do we need to do to possess such a life of high quality? The answer is Jesus. (See Romans 5:19) We are not holy of our own accord or works. I think we tried our ways and how we failed dismally! Jesus is the only answer. The blood of Jesus speaks on our behalf. God in his rich love and mercy, provided a second chance for us.