come

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

(KJV)

I heard Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke talk about Evangelism as something every Christian needed to do. In his words he said, 'Evangelism is recommending Jesus.'

The moment I heard him preach that, it stirred up the desire to want to share Jesus Christ with others. One of the things my mother taught me to do when I was younger was to share the little I had with my friends.

She made it a sermon. I like to think I wasn't selfish, at least in my mind. They were times friends came over at the wrong time. Who visits their friend at lunch hour? I didn't like to share my piece of chicken with my two friends who seemed to discern whenever my mother cooked very 'rare' dishes.

Despite hating to share the little I had with friends, it was something I did and it never would have happened had I not been taught. What we glue ourselves to can easily shape the rest of our lives. Sometimes even direct our lives to a certain degree.

It's always easy to assume everybody is a born again Christian. Assumptions are a wrong method to go about in disseminating the gospel of salvation. Imagine if a doctor assumed some people were sick while others were not. A lot of people would die from many unknown diseases.

In like manner, assumptions today are killing many people spiritually. Moses saw the urgency to persuade pharaoh to let the Israelites go. Pharaoh was never letting the Israelites go. If anything, he was only tightening his hold on the Israelites. He grew harder in heart and nothing would easily cause him to have a change of heart as we later discover in the Bible.

Preaching the gospel of salvation is what saves man. Salvation is the remedy for our sickness. Why withhold something that could cure us? I think that's mighty unfair!

Jesus is calling out to every person in the world. There is a public summoning to all that would want to join the son of God. As amazing as salvation is, Jesus doesn't force anyone to join him. How awesome would it be if some mysterious power forced us all to have a relationship with Jesus Christ?

It would be awesome except that it wouldn't be a real relationship. Jesus calls out to us, giving us the chance to want to desire him. He gives us the chance to want to discover him. So he calls out. He opens his arms to all that would hear and obey His voice. He makes a call to the thirsty. There is more than enough room at His bosom.

No one ever wants to be in relationship that feels forced. If you would feel terrible as a human to be placed in a position where you forced someone to love you, how much more the one who died for you?

If apple store started giving out free IPhones, how many of us wouldn't want to get a free gadget? Most of us, if not all wouldn't wait another second before setting out to obtain a brand new phone. Nobody is in the habit of giving away stuff except Heaven's staff.

It seems its heaven's way of life; giving freely possessions that should be the most difficult to obtain. Do we realize we don't deserve Jesus and have never deserved Him at any point? Jesus Christ should be the hardest man to access and yet He is the most available.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

(KJV)

Nothing proclaims a higher love than being wanted by Jesus. Jesus Christ is not limited to particular groups, He wants all of us. As bad as we are, He wants us. As different as we are, He desires us. As unlovable as we are, He has no plan of abandoning us. Jesus is here to stay and if you accept Him as Lord and personal savior He will make an abode within your heart.