Grace that runs deep

What could save a man that lived in sin his entire life? What could change the mind of a person that was determined to end his life? What makes a person suddenly change their ways? How does a person even change? Why do we need to change? What's so important about living a different life? Its grace. Everything we are and all we'll ever be is because of the grace of God that saves us.

What is grace? And how important is grace? Grace is Jesus Christ. Grace isn't just some attribute that Jesus has, grace is the essence of who He is. When I think of Jesus, what I think about is Grace, He gives grace and shows grace to all people. When He died for us, He showed us grace.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

(KJV)

Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. There's so much I wish I never did and if I had even little revelation of how much God loved me, perhaps I wouldn't be so bad. Even now, I only wish I knew how much God loves us. Grace saves all kinds of wicked people.

Jesus loves you and that is the reason He died for you. A lot of us do stuff because we want to get accepted. We have sex and use it as a yardstick to measure how great a relationship we have with our partners. All of what we might want to do, we do because it adds a bit to our status quo. The schools we attend, the career paths we might have taken. Even the spouses we marry. It's almost as though everything we do has to be measured and for everything there's a standard by which it is measured.

Jesus measures His love for us by dying for our sins. Death is the measuring line that one would have to exceed to surpass Jesus' deeds. And you'd have to be blameless. How many of us can fit in that criteria? None of us. That's grace. Grace is enjoying privileges we shouldn't be enjoying.

What did we do to deserve Jesus? Did we do anything to deserve Him? Oh no! We only know how to sin! So grace, Grace meets us in our most desperate state. When we were miserable, Grace came. When is it a great time to send help? Is it not when all hope is lost? Who needs saving if everything is going on well?

Ro 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

(KJV)

God sent help at the right time. There was no hope until Jesus Christ came to Earth. Had he not come, we'd be hopeless.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: {in: or, among}

(KJV)

Our hope is only found in the son of God. Where else will we find hope? In money? In relationships? In school? All those things will always disappoint us. We need to realize that Jesus Christ is the one in whom we should hope.

There is no hope without Jesus Christ. There is no salvation without Jesus. Without salvation, there is no remission of sin. The only confidence we have is based on the one we know, Jesus Christ. You cannot know God without knowing Jesus Christ first. Jesus connects us to God.

If I wanted to meet a representative of some important government organization, and I had a friend that knew him personally, I'd have some confidence. In like manner, we need Jesus to know God. We cannot know God if we don't know Jesus.

There is something Jesus wants to offer that no man will ever offer you. What we can do for each other as humans is very limited to our resources. I cannot give more than I earn or more than I receive. Jesus has is the well that will never be exhausted. There is more than enough to drink from. He is able to transform us. So there's nothing in this world that Jesus is not able to fix, especially things related to our spirituality.