Epilogue

IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF SKYE PENDERWICK

*4 months later*

"And then he completely ran a double-juke on the guy and scored to pull Cameron High ahead one point!"

"Woah!" I exclaimed, twirling my pencil as I pondered another problem from my riddle-book I had bought myself as a summer boredom buster. "Wish I could've been there. Sounds like a great play."

"It was," my friend Genevieve sighed. "Sometimes I feel like I wanna marry the guy, you know? He's almost too good to be true."

"I know how you feel," I curled the page of the riddle book to find Jeffrey's picture huddled beneath it.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang from downstairs. It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, and most of my sisters went out with Iantha and Ben to pick up some Antonio's pizza for dinner.

I didn't want to wake up Daddy from his nap, so I said into my phone, "That's the doorbell. I'll talk to you tomorrow during lunch, Gen."

"Okay. Seeya!"

Tapping the "end call" button, I trampled downstairs and picked up a soccer ball on the way, tossing it to myself.

Without even asking who it was, I swung the door open.

At the sight of who was there,my mouth fell open.

The ball hit the ground with a thud as it fell out of my grip.

"It's been too long since I've talked you, stupid." Jeffrey said, softly.

---------------------------------------
IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF JEFFREY TIFTON

"I-wha..." Her eyes were wide open with surprise. I couldn't help but grin at her expression.

"You alright?" I asked, stepping in the doorway and slid my hand onto her cheek. I took her arm and put it over my shoulder as she stuttered.

"Uh.. uhhh.. how?" was all that she could manage. I pulled her outside of the door and shut it behind us.

"You'll never believe it." I stared into her eyes. Her bright, sky-blue eyes.

"I probably won't."

"Let's hope you do, because I'm staying in a dorm 15 minutes away from here."

Skye's eyes filled with even more surprise. "Why?"

"I-I got offered a scholarship for music at the University of Massachusetts." I could barely contain my happiness. "Apparently my old school at Arundel was so highly-ranked that I fulfilled all of my credits before I even reached my music school in Boston."

"So that means..." Skye looked down, as if trying to comprehend all of this. I patiently waited for her answer. "You're going to flipping college when you're 16?!"

I started laughing, for I loved her so. Before long, she started giggling, too. We fell into hysterics, right there on the Penderwick front porch.

Right in the middle, though, I reached out and pulled her into an embrace. "I love you, Skye Blue."

"Shut up with the blubbering, Tifton. You know I love you more."

I pulled her close and cupped her cheek. "Not possible."

Who knows what the future will bring us. Heck, who knows what tomorrow may even bring. All I know is that on that porch, the sky fading into a pale pink, our two hearts beating like freaking drums, all I saw was her.

And I still believe the kiss made it even better.

-------------------------------
A/N

I'm typing this from my phone right now so it's not going to be in bold but...

This story has officially come to a close. *throws tissue boxes to readers* I KNOW I'M SORRY!

*starts blubbering* WAH!

Anyway... *wipes away tears*

I am most likely going to make a sequel! It's either going to be with Rosalind and Tommy, or Skye and Jeffrey. You guys pick!

COMMENT

VOTE

SUBSCRIBE

STAY FOREVER AWESOME

-Meg <3