Chapter 8

Walking to my "brother" and "sister", they hug me but I pull away. Going to the stairs, they follow. The rod from before pings against the wood. Getting to the bottom, I round on both. "The spell was stopped. But, do any of you know how it started." I ask. "Strands of hair from Wu, Misako and Lloyd." Nya said. "They did that, but, it needed the eldest son of Garmadon to work, and guess who." Their eyes go wide, fear soaking in them. "Kai, brother....." "Save it. Y'all ain't my real family." I say. "No, but we've tried. We rised you as best you can. Told you everything you needed to know." Cole says. "EXCEPT BEING FUCKING ADOPTED." I yell. Cole, in a fit of anger, shoves me down. He gets on top, just slugging me. I cover my face, he pulls my arms away, hitting my eye, jaw, you name it. His weight disappears, Lloyd is throwing Cole across the room.

"Leave my big brother alone." Lloyd growls, Jay helps me up. "Y'all should have told hem that he was adopted." Morro says, his wind picking up. Morro is mine and Lloyd's cousin, he's the son of Wu. "Dad found hem on our doorstep. I was three years old, I was more than happy to have a new brother, even if he was adopted. Yes, we took Kai as our own, loved and cared for hem. Not telling Kai was the greatest regret we ever had." Cole says. "So why didn't y'all." I said. "Cause we feared once you learned to truth, you'd leave and forget about us. I couldn't bear to lose my brother." Nya says, tears falling. I walk up to them, hugging them both. "I could never forget y'all. I'm taking on the Garmadon name but, I'll always be a Smith in heart." I say. They hug me tight, Cole pulls Lloyd to us and we share a family hug. Mom walks over, I pull away. Going to her, she cups my cheeks, looking me over. "You really are the spitting image of Garmadon when he was your age. It was the time I fell in love with hem, and still do. Garmadon can rest now, knowing our lost son is home." Mother says. "Minus the hair gell." Morro says, holding the picture. "Lets get back to the Bounty, me, Lloyd and mom need showers.

In the sensei room, I shower, the gell and hair dye comes out. Stepping out, drying my hair and putting on pajamas, I turn in. Getting up the next morning, I decide to make breakfast. Getting everything, I set out making grits, eggs, bacon and sausage for the gang. "Kai, you in there." I hear Jay call. "Making breakfast." I call back. My hair is chestnut brown with red streaks and black underside with blond tips. Bringing the food in, I set it out. Silence is all that's heard. "Who are you and where Kai." Jay says. Lloyd hugs me "it looks great, never hide it again, big brother." He said. I smile, sitting beside mom. She grasps my hand, smiling.

Little Wu waddles up, I pick uncle up and feed hem. He nuzzles me, yawning soon after he finishes. Eatting mine, he rests his head on my shoulder, hand curled by his face. Thumb rubbing his back, I eat. Soft snores soon come from hem, the gang aww's. Smiling, I stand, lightly bouncing Wu as a thud sounds. The ship gets rocked, I fall, Wu waking up. We run out, I see a colousises rock monster. It has the ship. My, Lloyd, mom, and Nya jump off, Wu falls from my arms. The ship gets crushed, I see gold light for a second.

I landed away from everyone, near a gang of bikers. Bo staff in hand, I sneak past. "Going somewhere." Ultra Voilet said, she's infront of the alley. Turning, five members are there. Ultra pulls my hands back but desides against it, I need to walk. They take me to oni father's tower, I'm forced to kneel before hem. "They say, your my eldest, it appears to be true. Hello, Kaito." Father says, turning around. He's uglier than last time. "Will you join our side, son. We can make Ninjago great again." Father says. "How, by enslaving them. Killing the ones that oppose you. No thanks. You and uncle tought my honor, life, wisdom, and how to live after what happened with Chen. Y'all made me whole when I was empty. I wanted to die the first week, you, father, kept me alive. I dont..." I'm smacked by father, skidding and hitting the thrown. Groaning, father jacks me up. "Father, please. Remember mom, how she felt when you returned. How Lloyd when he got his father back. I'm proud to have you as my daddy. Please daddy, this ain't you." I'm thrown across the area.

Cole's p.o.v

Master Wu has aged to a young man. He's even got gained Firstbornes trust. Rising on dragons, we make it back to Ninjago. Lloyd, Nya and Darreth are pinned down by SOG. The dragons help chase them off, we land. "Is Kai with y'all." Lloyd asks as I slide off. "We thought the same with y'all." I say. Jay nods as Zane looks at the tower. Suddenly, a huge white fireball is shot from it. "I think we found hem."Lloyd says. Nya gets in the tank, we clime on the dragons. Taking to the sky, me, Jay and Zane deal with the colousises.

Lloyd's p.o.v

Riding with Wu, I see Kai fighting dad. He's covered in cuts and bruises. Kai is talking to dad, dad throws Kai into the throne. It shatters on impact. Kai slowly gets up.

Kai's p.o.v

Everything hurts, but, I'll endure if I can save father. Rushing hem, I decide to do the last thing possible. I hug dad, head in his neck. "Father, please, stop the fighting. Stop the pain. This ain't you." I begin to cry. His hands grip my arms and hips, bruises forming later. "Daddy, please. Mom loves you. Wu, Lloyd, the gang. Please, I just found you and I don't want to lose you. I love you, daddy." I say. His grip loosens, so I keep going. "Lloyd needs you, Wu, Misako, the ninja. We all see you as a brother, teacher, husband and father. Please, come back. You can fight this darkness, your stronger than it. Conquer it and throw it away." Gold light dances along my arms, building at my hands.

Putting my hands together, the light brightens and I let it go. "FIGHT IT, FATHER." I yell as an explosion rocks the area and I'm thrown back. I bearly manage to grab a piece of rebar, holding on for dear life. My hand starts slipping, I loose my grip as a hand grasps my wrist. Looking, I see father normal elderly face. He pulls me up and into his arms, kneeling a few feet away from the edge. He holds me and I snuggle into his chest. Soon, he pulls me away, cupping my face as mom did. "Your the spitting image of me, there's no dought, your my lost son. I'm home, Kaito, I'm home." A light thud sounds, Lloyd skids beside us, we pull hem into a father/son's hug.

Wu walks up, he wares grandfather's armour. Firstborne lowers her head, she nuzzles me, a deep rumble in her throat. We clime on her back, she takes us down to the rest of the resistance. Mom hugs both me and father, holding us close. Firstborne noses me, I turn to her. A pretty silver/blue female dragon walks up. She noses my hair, tail curls around me. She coos at Firstborne, Firstborne purrs in agreement. "Firstborne is letting her youngest daughter stay, to serve as Kai's guardian and his companion." Wu says. Silver pulls me close to her chest scales, a purr sounding through her chest.

"Well, Kai, what cha going to name her." Father says. "How about AryzSeyrVala." Silver tweety bird calls. "I wonder why AryzSeyrVala wants to stay, her fire is white hot. Yours is only red hot, Kai." Cole said. I gather my fire in the pit of my stomach, toss my head back and let loose a huge fireball. AryzSeyrVala joins me and they mix as one. The fire than covers me, but, instead of burning, it merges with me. 'Now, we are one.' I hear AryzSeyrVala in my head. I smile, she nuzzles me.

A few weeks pass, I fly with AryzSeyrVala above the clouds right now. Aryz loves to fly, when we're together, it's the greatest thing. I'm near Borg tower when black smoke appears. Aryz growls, I pat her neck. 'Oni, their here. We need...." a tenden grabs AryzSeyrVala by the leg, pulling her down and black greets me.