Chapter 5

Cole's p.o.v

Shocked stiff at what's become of my brother, I shake it off and apporch Kai. He jerks in the chains, wrists and ankles bleeding. Shrugging my gi jacket off, I lightly tie it around Kai's waist, to try and give a little privacy to hem. Lloyd comes beside me, Kai watches us, probably thinking this is a sick joke.

Retching sounds, Jay throwing up. I support Kai, Lloyd cuts the chains, I break the manacles off. Putting an arm around my own shoulder, I gently lift Kai up. He let's out a scream in pain, one that break a my heart. Lloyd rubs Jay's back, pressing his comm. 'Lloyd, y'all coming. The Bounty outside." Nya said. "Tell....tel Zane to have....the medbay ready. We found Kai, it's not pretty." Lloyd says. 'H...how...how is he.' Nya asks. "You'd have to see." Lloyd said, cutting the comm.

Kai has his head tucked into my neck, the hand over my shoulder is fisted in the fishnet shirt I have on. Lloyd goes to reach for Kai but Kai shrinks back, yepping as it aggregates the wounds. I walk as slowly as I can so not to jostle Kai. Coming on the ship, Nya covers her mouth at the sight of our brother. She too tries to touch hem, he flinches hard, crying out in fear and pain. "Chen did this, none of us can touch Kai except Cole cause he doesn't ware or look like one of Chens dogs." I take Kai to the infirmary, Zane tells me what to do. Kai watches my every move. His eyes are glazed over, Zane said he's in a catatonic state now. Lifting Kai once more, I take hem to my room. Setting hem on the bed, Kai just looks dead ahead. Heart breaking that my twin is like this, I gently lay Kai down.

He does move a little, rolling to the side but other than that, makes no noise or any other movements. Grabbing the spare mattress from under my bed, I put sheets and a blanket on it. Grabbing the pillow Kai uses when he comes in here, I lay on the makeshift bed. Listening to my younger brother as he sleeps, it breaks my heart more. Chen will pay for what he did. With that, I fall asleep.