195. Another 21st Birthday

A/n: I know that I've already written a story like this, but I don't like how I originally wrote it and I've had this idea for a bit now. Also, let's pretend that Shawn's friends have never posted a picture of Y/n because her and Shawn aren't public yet, but the fans have seen Shawn and Y/n together because someone called the paps on them when they went out to dinner in Toronto. Also, some swearing in this imagine. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this imagine! Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

"Are you excited for tomorrow darling?" My boyfriend of a little over three months, Shawn Mendes, asked me after we had gotten changed into our pajamas. I nodded as a smile spread across my face not only at the thought of my birthday the next day, but also at the fact that my mother had said that Shawn and I could sleep in the same bed. We had slept in the same bed before, but he usually got a hotel room near my house so we could have more alone time. He didn't get a hotel room this time so when I woke up on my birthday, I could be with not just him, but also my family.

"Yeah, I'm really excited. Thank you for flying in baby." I said as I loosely wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He rested his forehead against mine and my smile widened.

"My love, I wouldn't miss your birthday for anything in the world. I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said.

"Let's go to bed." Shawn said to me. I nodded and we got into bed and Shawn laid on his back as I rested my head on his chest.

"Good night my love." I said to Shawn before placing a gentle kiss on his jaw.

"Good night darling." Shawn said as he wrapped his arms around me. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning and opened my eyes. My head was still on Shawn's chest. I carefully picked my head up, looked at his handsome face, and saw that he was still peacefully asleep, his lips slightly parted as his eyes remained shut. I carefully rested my chin on his chest, worried I would wake him up. I didn't want to get out of bed just yet - it was the weekend, my birthday, and I wanted to continue to lay in bed with my man for a bit longer. I studied his face for a little bit before I noticed that he was about to wake up. When he opened his eyes and saw me, he smiled.

"Good morning handsome." I said before kissing his jaw.

"Good morning beautiful. Happy birthday." Shawn said as his smile grew.

"Thank you Shawny. I'm hungry." I said at the same time that I felt him place his hand on the back of my head and tangle his fingers in my hair.

"Do you want to have breakfast here or do you want to go somewhere for breakfast?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.

"Can we go to IHOP?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Of course we can." He said before we got up and got dressed and ready for the day. I put on some light makeup, high rise black jeans, a striped button down shirt, and black ankle boots. Shawn put on black skinny jeans and one of the shirts that I had gotten him. It was white with a tea bag on it and said "It's A Tea Shirt." My mom saw me and gave me a hug.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." She said.

"Thank you Mom. Shawn and I are going to IHOP." I said. She nodded.

"Okay. Are you guys still going to the art museum?" She asked us. I looked at Shawn. We were supposed to go to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for my birthday.

"Do you want to head straight to the museum after we have breakfast?" I asked Shawn. He nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I know we're doing presents later, but one of my gifts was a Barnes and Noble gift card. Do you want it now and then after the museum we can go there?" Shawn asked. My face must have lit up, just like it always does when I hear anything about books or Barnes and Noble, because my mom and Shawn started to laugh.