Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I stuffed the last corner of my suitcase into the tight space next to the sleeping bunks. I had spent at least 20 minutes trying to get my bags to fit in the tiny cubby with my name labeled on it. It's a mystery to me how seven cast members plus our PR manager, tour director, and stylist can all fit in this midget bus. We each get a sliver for our sleeping quarters, and the bathroom is smaller than the dressing rooms at Target.

Thank God I sound like a dead frog when I sing. I don't think I would be able to go on tour for more than 2 days without murdering someone.

I let out a sigh of relief and turn to get out of the stuffy bus when I smacked right into something hard. Jordan Taylor, the nightmare that I was trying to avoid at all costs, remembering our deal that we made.

A month, I remind myself. It's only a month.

"Sorry Sammy, guess I should watch where I'm going this time." he whispered silkily in my ear. A shiver ran through me, and I quickly shuffled past him until I see Charlie and Joey discussing the latest in nail polish technology. I plop down next to them with a scowl permanently plastered on my face. After my fight with Janet and my Dad I was in a horrible mood, not even Joey's rambling about how "neon nail polished shouldn't be considered fashion forward" could even cheer me up. And it isn't helping that Jordan is eyeing me from the couch across from me. I dodged his crystal blue eyes, and waited impatiently for our tour director, squirming in my seat under his glance.

"Alrighty folks! Everyone is locked and ready to roll? This is going to be the most successful promo tour you've ever seen, conducted by yours truly, Maxwell Sparks, Australian God with great hair and a firm backside. Let me break it down. We've got 17 stops in a month, so it's going to be a fast-paced with a dash of thrill. Imagine it's like hiking through the outback on a dingo, except the dingo is this bus and the outback is our 17 destinations! We start in good old San Francisco and travel all across the country until we finish right back in our hood, LA. We've got a signing and meet up at each stop, and some interviews sprinkled along the way for all of you. We, as the beautiful team we are, will also be a guest on the Shelly Sax show! The hottest daytime talk show in the US, no pressure. Throw in some restaurant appearances and bonding trips, and that is our tour wrapped up in a little nut shell!" Maxwell adjusted his tight pants for the last time and then winked at all of us.

Throwing his hands up in the air, he yelled, "alright, let's get this party bus moving! Onward, to the gayest city in America!" to our poor old bus driver Gilbert. The wrinkled man giggled quietly and began to drive off. I couldn't help but laugh along.

"Hello guys, I'm Karma, your stylist for the tour. I'm here to make sure you all stay beautiful while travelling across the country. Maintaining nice hair while sleeping in a two inch cot is harder than it looks." The radiant woman beamed a smile at us, and I instantly liked her. You could feel the warmth and friendliness practically radiating off of her petite frame. She stepped aside as the Asian she-devil rudely cleared her throat.

"You all know me, I'm your PR, Megan Chang. I'm all work, no play. You don't have to enjoy being on this tour, in fact, I would prefer it if you didn't. You're here to do your job and sell this movie. Got it?" She said in her usual sharp but extremely drab tone.

"Got it." we all grumpily mumbled in unison. She flipped her a-line bob and stomped to the bathroom with a pleased grin on her face. I've never seen someone who thrived off of someones unhappiness more than that woman. Maybe one day I'll get to burn that bob when no ne is looking, so she can feel a smidge of the misery she imposes on others.

"Jeez, and I thought I was rude." Charlie stifled under her breath. I cracked a smile at her, and felt like this could possibly be the beginning of a fun trip, when I heard the irritating cackle of Angelina and the equally annoying blonde costar, Olivia Hall. She was another main character in the movie, playing the part of Jordan's character's sister. They were both hanging over Jordan and Adam, another co-star that had the role of his best friend in the movie. They had become really close, basically joined at the hip almost. Adam was a seemingly good guy, and not bad on the eyes either. I admit, I hadn't really given him much attention since we started filming. Just a couple of quick convo's and maybe a "hi" here and there. I glanced over and saw Charlie with steam coming out of her ears. She looked pissed as Olivia began stroking Adams toned arms. I looked over to Joey to see if he noticed but he was too busy flipping through his twitter feed.

What the heck was that about? I dug deep in my memory for any clues as to why Charlie is looking like she wants to shank Olivia more than usual. Nothing was ringing a bell until I had a That So Raven type vision that blasted me into the past, approximately two months ago when I was stranded in the diner after Thou Who Shall Not be named ditched me with no ride.

"Hey, I'm kind of stranded in San Francisco. Is there any way you could pick me up?" I heard someone mumble something in the background.

"Uh, I'm a little busy right now." She said sheepishly. Her giggle bursts through the speaker. Did Charlie just giggle like a schoolgirl? She must be on drugs or something.

What's going on?

"Is someone with you?" I ask suspiciously.

"Look, I'm with this guy I've been sorta talking to." She whispered fiercely.

I gasped so loud that the bus got dead silent. Gilbert glanced in the mirror and went back to happily humming along to his Katy Perry Soundtrack. Joey and Charlie looked at me like I had just dived head first off the deep end.

My face started to burn as I realized everyone's eyes were plastered on me. That gasp would have probably been better in my head.

I gulped audibly. "Uh...I left my oven on at home. Darn it!" I said awkwardly. The bimbo duo quickly went back to hair twirling and uncomfortable googly eyes, and Adam eased back into his friendly demeanor. Jordan on the other hand, who was completely ignoring the conversation, stared at me with an amused look on his face. He raised an eyebrow at me, and I quickly darted my glance from his.

"What the heck was that? You're literally the worst liar on the planet. Remind me to never let you be a witness on my trial if I murder Angelina." Joey said, eyeing me suspiciously.

Trying to brush off the embarrassing moment that had just occurred, I had remembered what made me go into a state of shock in the first place. Putting the pieces together, it was all starting to make sense But I couldn't jump to conclusions now, I needed to investigate further.

I grinned at Charlie like a mad woman just escaping prison. She inched over to Joey with a terrified look. "I think she's possessed." She whispered.

"Nothing, this trip just got a little more interesting." I said in a sly tone.