Ch.6 celebratory ramen

~Ayame pov~

After the mission we all had ramen and caught up, Naruto told us some funny stories about his travels with the perv.

And in turn Sakura told me about her training with Tsunade and then of course I talked about training with Yuri.

"We has just finished summoning training and she was like you know what let's have a break. So she decided to take me to the hot springs but she was very perverted and kept trying to see my boobs." I chuckled at the memory of me eventually giving up and getting out of the hot spring .

"I think she and Jiriya got along well." Naruto chuckled reminiscing his memories of their journey.

We laughed and told stories all night and it felt like home , this was truly squad 7.

Yet, something was missing, my heart ached .

Sasuke wasn't here, he was gone and I don't know if he'll ever come back.

Squad 7 will never be the same not without Sasuke and no one can replace him .

Just as we were leaving Naruto stopped me, "Can we take a walk? I need to tell you something ."

I tucked a strand of my brown locks behind my ear, "sure?"

We walked together silently , waiting for the other to speak.

"So what did you need?" I tilted my head curiously .

"Uh.." Naruto's cheeked flushed as he scratched the back of his neck, "ITHINKILIKEYOU!"

We both stopped in our tracks and it took me a few seconds to decipher it.

I think I like you!

My eyes widened in shock as my mind blanks.

Naruto stands there for a few seconds before turning to walk away.

"Wait!" I grabbed his arm pulling him back.

He refused to look at me.

"I'm sorry but I don't like you like that, I love you but as a best friend. I'm so sorry I don't want to lose this friendship." I frowned looking down .

"Uh oh yeah sure." Naruto shuffled awkwardly looking crestfallen .

I hesitated before pulling Naruto into a big hug, "I hope this doesn't change things."

Something wet hit my shoulder and Naruto returned the hug.

He then pulled away and smiled sadly tears streaming down his cheeks, "It's okay I understand."

Naruto turned and ran back home.

I felt horrible I really did, but I just didn't like him.

A frown etched on my face as I turned the opposite direction and headed home. I hope it all works out.

~*~

_____________________________________
430 words

A/n you can probably already guess who the love interest is meant to be now