Ch.2 Bell test...take 2?

~Ayame pov~

Shikamaru and Temari.

Sakura waved at them and pointed at Naruto, "Look who's here!"

"So you're back?" Shikamaru asked.

Naruto stepped towards him , "Yeah just got back this morning."

I zoned out as they conversed and wondered who our actual opponent was as Tsunade was clearly surprised when they walked in.

Tsunade snapped me out of my trance when she said, "Your opponent is over there!"

She pointed out the window, so Naruto opened the window and looked around.

Kakashi was sat on the roof reading his pervy book, "You got tall Naruto! Yo."

He greeted us without looking up from his book.

Naruto jumped onto the roof, "You haven't changed one bit. I've got a present for you!"

He rooted around in his pouch and then pulled out a book but oh no, not just any book, the latest edition of make out paradise .

"What?! For me.." Kakashi was shocked at the sight of the book, "This is the first new title in three years!"

Kakashi opened it and stared at the pages in awe.

"Okay that's enough Kakashi ." Tsunade walked back to her desk and sat down.

"Wait .. are you my opponent ?" Naruto asked.

I mentally facepalmed , he's still naive as ever .

"I want to see what you can do. Good luck!" With that Tsunade kicked us out of her office.

Kakashi had left to read his book, some people never change.

The five of us walked down the street as I looked around the unchanged village, it felt nostalgic.

Naruto nudged Shikamaru, "So are you guys on a date?"

"It's not like that." Shikamaru's expression remained unchanged.

"Why would I ever date this guy? It's almost time for the chunin exams ." Temari retorted.

"Although it's a drag, I've been put in charge of the chunin exams ." Shikamaru sighed lazily,
"So Naruto , what you gonna do?"

Naruto tilted his head in confusion, "About what??"

"The chunin exams silly!" I laughed at his denseness.

"What?" Naruto asked again.

I sighed, "You're still a genin right?"

"Aren't you?" Naruto fired back.

"No , Yuri and Tsunade had a word and let's just say I was promoted to chunin." I stuck my tongue out playfully .

"Hmmph" Naruto huffed in response , pink dusted his cheeks.

"What about Gaara?" Naruto asked .

"Kazekage."

Naruto gritted his teeth, "I see..so he became Kazekage huh? that's awesome."

He smiled , "I won't be outdone , I'll become Hokage and show who's best."

I smiled at him , "You go!"

~*~

We stood at the training grounds and Kakashi arrived , of course he was three hours late.

Old habits die hard.

"I ran into an old women on the way here..." Kakashi started lying.

"Enough with the excuses !" Sakura and Naruto yelled in unison as I chose to stay quiet.

Kakashi pulled out two bells, "You have to take these bells from me."

"So it's like our first training session." I said.

We all smiled sadly knowing Sasuke wasn't here.

~*~

No matter how we approached him, he was much better than us at fighting , but Naruto has a plan.

He was going to spoil the new book of make out paradise and of course it worked.

Me and Sakura sweat dropped as Kakashi had passed out and we managed to get the bells.

~*~

_____________________________________
569 words

A/n I wrote this near the beginning of the year so it's not really major editing just spelling and grammar checking really