13 - Ranks Lost

Nezuko furiously rubbed the makeup off of her face as she stood off with the demon.

Perhaps things hadn't gone as planned... perhaps everything had gone terribly wrong... perhaps this was bad...

Nope. No Perhaps. There was no bright side...

Things were just bad.

Nezuko, Zentisu, Inosuke, Tengen, and Kyojuro had arrived at the Red Light District. Nezuko, Inosuke, and Zentisu had all been "flamboyantly disguised" which was just the Sound Pillar's way of shoving Nezuko into the most god-awful kimono she had ever seen and painting her face until she looked like a clown. She had had some... words... with the sound pillar but regardless had served as reconnaissance for the two pillars who were scouting out the surrounding areas.

Then, in classic fashion, things went oh so very wrong. As it turns out, there was indeed a demon in the Entertainment District, as it also turns out, that Demon was Upper Moon Six. This meant that Nezuko was taken a bit by surprise.

Things had looked alright for a while, the battle actually turned in their favor for a few moments. Daki, Upper Moon Six, had been beheaded, until then her brother appeared and the group discovered that they were messing with powers that they didn't fully understand.

Tengen, who was now injured, Zentisu, and Inosuke were separated from Nezuko and Kyojuro when they tried to take down Daki, again. With a few more fiasco's Nezuko found herself facing off with Gyutaro and somehow... she'd lost Kyojuro.

She cursed her luck as she gripped the hilt of her sword.

She'd been running behind Kyojuro when suddenly someone had crashed through the walls, knocking Kyojuro out of the building and sending Nezuko scrambling away as Gyutaro pursued. She had found herself at a dead end and turned to face the demon.

Gyutaro was mentally connected to Muzan as he approached the girl, "The Hashira are distracted. Daki and I are dealing with two here."

"If two went out to mess with a minor problem, then perhaps the bratty girl doesn't know of our plan. They would've scent the hashira to the swordsmith village, not off investigating a bit of trouble in the Red Light District!" Daki's voice giggled.

"Did the Hashira seem surprised to see you?" Muzan asked cooly.

"I'd say!" Daki giggled.

"Then... kill them quickly," Muzan ordered.

Muzan stood calmly in his fortress and reflected. If the hashira were fiddling about, looking into minor inconveniences, then perhaps... perhaps the brat of a girl hadn't heard of the plan. Perhaps the village was unprotected.

Muzan smiled and looked down at Tanjiro who was by his side, "Go. Send the message."

Tanjiro took off obediently, racing out of the infinity fortress and over the land as silently and swiftly as a shadow.

"I have the strangest feeling that you're... familiar," Gyutaro grinned.

"Yeah?" Nezuko challenged raising her sword.

"Yeah," Gyutaro agreed, readying his scythe attacks. Nezuko watched as he unleashed them and, with great agility, dodged them all, landing lightly and focusing on her breathing.

"You're pretty graceful," Gyutaro commended, "I bet you were adored back at home," his voice had a hint of disdain.

"Home," Nezuko scoffed, anger rising. How could demons be this cruel... this insensitive? "Everyone who ever adored me is in a grave," Nezuko bit glaring at the Demon Moon, "Or... worse."