5 - Monster

Nezuko found herself in the company of two demons. She had never imagined that her day would go like this but she wasn't willing to complain.

She had seen Tanjiro. Only for a moment, but she had been in her brother's arms for a brief wonderful moment. She had seen her enemy and next time she would not let either of them go so easily.

Miss Tamayo and Yushiro were two people who brought Nezuko a bit of joy after her day of distraught confusion. There were minor disagreements with Yushiro but Nezuko honestly thought the boy was rather adorable, he reminded her of an angry alley cat. Miss Tamayo, on the other hand, was gentle and kind, her voice reminding Nezuko so much of her Mother that she almost wanted to cry.

The conversations they had centered around Muzan and Tanjiro. Nezuko learned that demons were pawns to Muzan, she learned that a cure for demonkind may be possible, and more importantly, she learned about Tanjiro.

"We've been watching Kibutsuji, carefully of course and from a great distance... he rarely moves without the boy right by his side," Tamayo explained.

"So... Tanjiro is always with Muzan," Nezuko affirmed, "Do you know why?"

"I do not," Tamayo sighed.

"But, he never does anything fruitlessly The brother of yours is important to him for some reason," Yushiro stated grimly.

"Your mental connection with Tanjiro... have you learned anything from that?" Tamayo asked.

Nezuko pondered for a moment, "The very first time I saw Muzan through Tanjiro... He said that Tanjiro may be his greatest creation... And that he was a protégé of Yoriichi," Nezuko murmured. Tamayo's eyes flickered with something unrecognizable.

"...I... I cannot speak for the protégé of Yoriichi part, but if he thinks that there's something special about Tanjiro's transformation, then it would make sense that he would safeguard him. He cares only for power and if your brother can get him that... then he will guard your brother viciously," Tamayo explained her voice full of anger and sorrow.

"He cannot keep Tanjiro forever! Tanjiro can get away, I know it. I just have to make sure that he gets the chance," Nezuko gritted.

"Are you sure he even wants to get away?" Yushiro asked. Nezuko stared at him and Miss Tamayo scowled.

"Yushiro," Tamayo scolded.

"I'm sorry my lady, but if the boy wanted to escape then tonight would've been a good chance, I understand that he is a terrible person to enrage, so the boy may have been frightened, but we shouldn't put so much faith in a demon who's so close to him," Yushiro scowled.

"Tanjiro can be trusted," Nezuko assured them with a smile. She did not doubt in her mind that what she said was the truth.

"That's not what I meant," Yushiro snapped, "He is a very dangerous and may have your brother wrapped around his finger. Your brother may not be able to escape mentally."

Nezuko looked at the floor and clenched her kimono fabric in her fists.

"It's not fair," she gritted, "Tanjiro doesn't deserve this.

"No one deserves to meet that man," Tamayo assured her.

"I - "Nezuko began.

Tanjiro's consciousness struck her like a lightning bolt. Cold fear flooded into her body. Tamayo saw the change in the girl immediately.

"Nezuko - " Tamayo began.

"It's... It's Tanjiro," Nezuko explained holding her head, "Nii-chan, Nii-chan, what's wrong!?"