6 - New Family

Nezuko had found that she had many new missions she had to accomplish;

- Collecting blood from the twelve demon moons for Lady Tamayo.

- Saving her brother.

- Turning her brother back into a human.

- Killing Muzan.

And of course, the mission that the crow was now screaming at her.

"COME ON, COME ON! WEST! WEST!" the crow cawed. Nezuko smiled up at the bird.

"I heard you, I heard you" she smiled. She fished into her pocket and pull out a piece of old bread, "Are you hungry after all of that yelling?"

The crow suddenly grew silent and landed lightly on Nezuko's shoulder.

"Alright, but no more yelling," Nezuko giggled, breaking a piece of the bread off and holding it up so that the crow could peck away at it.

"There's no need for you to be so rude or loud, I will get there," Nezuko assured the bird who was pecking away at the crumbs in her hand. Nezuko was walking through rice fields and she found herself very much at peace, especially with the lack of cawing.

"Though, I suppose you must be worried about what could happen to innocent people if I don't get to the demon in time," Nezuko murmured breaking off another piece of bread and holding it up for the crow. "I guess you must've seen a whole lot of terrible things, huh?" she asked.

The crow didn't answer but kept on eating.

"I won't judge you too harshly then," Nezuko smiled softly, quite used to one-sided conversations. It was nice to talk to someone, she hadn't been able to connect with Tanjiro in days, and that concerned her. She hoped he was alright.

"PLEASE!" a strange voice screamed from nearby jerking Nezuko out of her train of thought and making the crow alight nervously. A blonde boy was clinging to a less than happy young woman.

"PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, I'M GOING TO DIE AT ANY MOMENT! PLEASE MARRY ME!!" the boy begged.

There was frantic chirping as a sparrow landed before Nezuko and began chirping wildly. Mr. Urokodaki had taught her a bit of the bird language but she was still rather poor at it.

"Mr. Crow, could you help?" Nezuko asked her bird.

"The boy is an idiot," the crow cried. "Caw!"

The sparrows indignant chirping told Nezuko that the crow may have not been a hundred percent accurate with his translation. Nezuko caught the word 'whine' and 'panic' along with 'won't listen' and she was able to piece together the rest. 

"Oh, my," Nezuko murmured running up. She immediately noted that the boy was wearing a demon slayer uniform beneath his yellow haori. She grabbed the boy by his yellow haori, just as she used to with Tanjiro when he worked too hard, and yanked the blonde boy off of the girl.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," Nezuko scolded the boy lightly. "Stressing out your poor sparrow and clinging to this girl."

"Wha - " the boy began.

Perhaps things spiraled out of control momentarily, there was a bit of arguing, and when the girl began slapping the blonde boy mercilessly, Nezuko found herself having to intervene again. Eventually, it all was settled and the girl stomped back to her town leaving Nezuko and the boy alone.

"Come on then, get up," Nezuko told the boy who was on his knees, "We have a long way to go."

"Go?" the boy questioned.