Chapter 1: Draft Day

"War, it's been buzzing around both nations across North America. It'll be only a matter of time before it ends, but war usually takes years to figure out a conclusion," A news broadcaster stated. The war was about to go underway between the Allied States of America and the United States of America. The Allied States has a strong allegiance towards Monsters and is planning on manifesting the future of the world if they win the war. The United States has a strong opposition against Monsters, most likely from the Great War between the Humans and Monsters four thousand years ago. If they win, they will imprison or execute most, if not all, Monsters.

Many Monsters, young and old, as long as they are 16 and over, we're enlisting to join the fight. The Monsters were fighting for more freedom than they already have. The Dreemurrs, excluding the twins since they were eight and underage, we're enlisting themselves into the war. Develyn recently graduated from the Ebott School of Academics (A/N: Ebott has gotten so big they have two separate schools: Academics and Magic, since the Ebott County Science Committee were often hard at work providing magic to Humans if they had the SOUL matter required to do so), he was tied at the top with Andy in terms of class rank. In wrestling, he was the best wrestler in the state and also led his team to another state title. In lacrosse, he led another undefeated Ebott County Pioneers to another state title, beating Chatfield 28-7. Andy was also a recent graduate from the Ebott School of Academics. In cross country, he led his team to another state title, finishing first in state with a blistering 14 minutes and nine seconds, barely a second faster than the national high school record set by a male. In golf he almost turned into a elite high school player. He had 7 birdies, 2 eagles, 3 pars, and 1 hole in one in 18 holes, in terms he had 13/18 holes where he was on par or under. (A/N: A birdie is achieved in golf when someone putts the ball with one stroke under par. An eagle is achieved in golf when someone putts the ball with two strokes under par. Other low scoring includes an albatross, which is three under par, and a condor, which is four under par). Asriel is entering his senior year in school. In climbing, he managed to become the state champion in climbing earning a score of 1262, that was also good enough to lead his high school team to a state title, with a score of 3662. (A/N: Base Score: 1200, No Fall bonus i.e. "Flashed": +20 bonus points, Lead Bonus i.e. he was Belayed: +30 bonus points, and Route Bonus for completing Route #12, the hardest route, without falling (Flashed), and was belayed: +12 bonus points). This feat was the highest score ever achieved by a Monster. In swimming he reached the top 5 in state with his preferred style being the backstroke i.e. swimming on his back. He did manage to lead his team, along with two other elite swimmers to a state title. Dark and Dawn ended second grade, but it was tough year for both of them. Dark's ability would go haywire and spook a ton of students if he used it unpurposefully, however, the principal understood it's part of what he is. Since then, Develyn further trained his power. Dawn was often getting bullied at school, leading Dark to be her protector since Dark was often getting into fights to prevent Dawn from getting hurt, like a sibling should, even if they are 45 minutes apart.

The sign up took place at the Ebott County Event Center. Most of the family had physical examinations. Develyn's height was a whopping six feet and eight inches (A/N: Nords are known to be really tall) and came in at 215 pounds, which is normal and healthy. Asriel came in at six feet and four inches and weighed 190 pounds, which is normal and healthy. Andy came in six feet and two inches and weighed 185 pounds, which is normal and healthy. Asgore came in at six feet and six inches and weighed 230 pounds, which is overweight. Toriel came in at five feet and eleven inches and weighed 170 pounds, which is normal and healthy. (A/N: Dark is currently at four feet and two inches and weighs 75 pounds. Dawn is currently at three feet and eight inches and weighs 55 pounds)

"Name and identification?" A military officer asked. Everyone wishing to join were required to show and a ID, the Dreemurrs did just that. The family were sorted into squads, however, they weren't in the same squads. This brought no reaction to them since the trio were often saving the world and Asgore and Toriel didn't really help them out. Some people really wanted to join, but they didn't since they had something that can physically hinder them from fighting. There a case of somebody having sickle cell anemia (A/N: AKA sickle cell disease, victims are usually shorter than peers, have outbursts of pain every once in a while, and have a short life expectancy of, on average, 47 years). Despite Develyn having Mild Nightmare Disorder, he was clear to go. Asriel was asked a series of question since he had a case of PTSD, or Post-traumatic stress disorder, he had since he was eight. Turns out he was lifted from the mental disorder since he said "no" to all the questions. Andy was also asked a series of questions since suffered from Complicated Grief Disorder (A/N: Andy got this disorder when Frisk died in front of him. He still misses her and is still feeling the trauma of the event, which he refuses to let go), which he was diagnosed when he was 12. Since he said "no" to the physical part, he was admitted in. 

"Did you say no to all of the questions?" Develyn asked to Asriel.

"Yeah, I haven't been feeling the symptoms since I was 14," Asriel answered.

"I should've scheduled an appointment earlier than that, that they won't ask you those questions," Toriel asked.

"Where's Andy?" Asgore asked.

"He's probably getting asked questions as well, since he still latches Frisk's death like it was important to him," Asriel answered.

"Az, think about it. Frisk has been gone for five years, it'll be six at the end of next month. Andy and Frisk were pretty much inseparable. If we didn't help Andy out, he would've joined her by committing suicide," Develyn explained.

"That is something I don't wanna think about," Toriel muttered.

"I'm back guys," Andy stated.

"Are you in?" Asgore asked.

"Yeah, I have clear interest in this and I don't have this disorder preventing me. If only Frisk didn't die, then I wouldn't have this issue," Andy stated.

"Well, just be glad you stuck around this long. I know you have accepted it here and there, but you generally refuse it," Asriel stated.

"Ok man listen. Me and Frisk were 14 months apart, if I prevented her death, that would result in my demise, and she would still be around. She would still be experiencing the stuff I have right now though," Andy stated.

"Can you punks stop arguing before you start spilling blood?" Undyne asked, which caught everybody off guard.

"Sorry," Asriel apologized.

"I didn't know you were gonna volunteer," Develyn stated.

"Well, I hope they accept a lesbian," Undyne stated.

"You joking? I saw a homosexual guy get accepted," Andy stated.

"Ah, so I WILL get accepted," Undyne clarified.

"Depends if you have something that won't physically prevent you. Someone with sickle cell anemia got rejected and he was really unhappy," Develyn stated.

"I don't have anything, I was born normal and strong," Undyne stated. Develyn laughed.

"Hey Undyne," Toriel asked.

"Huh?" Undyne responded.

"Can you let Alphys look over the twins? I don't think I can trust them to be home alone quite yet," Toriel commanded.

"Yeah, I'll let her know," Undyne stated.

"Yo, guys, what's up?!" A Monster with mechanically installed arms said as he walked toward the Dreemurrs.

"MK?" Asriel asked.

"Yo, sup Azzy," Monster Kid stated.

"I'm assuming you're fighting too?" Develyn asked.

"Yo, of course dude, I always wanted to do something like this," Monster Kid answered.

"Ever since you had those mechanical arms installed, I bet," Develyn stated.

"Well, I'll see you on the battlefield," Monster Kid said as he walked away.

"See ya," Develyn stated.

"When do we start fighting, cause I'm excited!" Asriel exclaimed.

"You start by invading Nevada in a couple of days, then we take Alaska, then we strategize from there," A young man in his early thirties said.

"Who are you?" Develyn asked.

"Sargent James Bostwick, but you can call me Sargent Bostwick. I've been part of the ASA military for 14 years. I'll be part of your squad," Sargent Bostwick answered.

"How do you know the war is gonna go?" Asriel asked.

"Commander Stormcloak has had this planned for quite some time, now that the declaration of war is official we're gonna use it. We don't know the strategy yet though, there is a myriad we can use that can decide on us winning or losing the war," Sargent Bostwick explained.

"Good to know," Asriel stated.

"We should get going," Toriel stated.

"See you on the battlefield sir," Develyn stated.

"You too," Sargent Bostwick stated. The Dreemurrs started to pack up their stuff, getting ready for a potentially long and brutal war.