"Your mom is sleeping, Jason."

"No. She's awake and looking at me," Jason said.

I went closer to Jason to see if there truth to what he was saying or if my child's imagination was starting to run wild.

"Hi," her voice patched out.

"You're awake," I beamed and went to her side.

"I am. How are the two of you?"

"We should be asking you that," I responded and reached for the nurse's alert button at the bedside.

I fetched her some water when the nurses assured me it was okay for her to quench her thirst.

I was relief that she was finally awake. She was unconscious for a day and I was already there three times, hoping she would pull through this.

"Her vitals are stronger and so is her breathing. I believe she'll be better very soon," the doctor told me.

"What exactly happened to her?" I asked.

"She fainted. We administered some tests and everything came back negative. Here are the results, Mr. Hollen."

"Thank you Doctor."

________

We stayed with Blossom for another hour.

"The doctor said you fainted but you'll be fine. And you'll be home soon," I told her as our visiting hour was coming to an end.

She nodded in agreement.

"Mommy, I love you," Jason said.

I watched her smile that sweet smile I missed so much. "And I love you too, baby. Be a good boy, okay?"

"Speaking of 'good boy', he told Adobi off," I informed.

"She's here?"

"Parking lot," I answered.

"Jason, don't be rude to your step-mom," she told him.

"Nah, she deserved it," I said and picked Jason up. "We're about to leave now. Please feel better soon and come home. I'll let my parents and your friends know that you're awake."

"Thank you so much for everything," she said in a whisper.

"Bye mommy," Jason waved at her.

She waved to him and drifted off to sleep.

*
*
*

The car ride back to the house was even more intense than the ride going to the hospital and it was all because of one person.

I was at the edge with her.

Jason happily ran into his bedroom. He said he was going to make his mom a card.

I was left with Adobi in the kitchen.

"What's your malfunction?" I asked her.

"I shouldn't have to compete with an ex-girlfriend of yours."

"You're in competition with yourself."

"Oh really? How can I when you're having sex with her?"

"Had sex and having sex are two difference. I admitted I was foul for that but it happened and I can't change it."

"If you could, would you change it?"

I wasn't expecting that question. Memories of that encounter between Blossom and me flashed through my mind. The way she moaned sweetly in my ears. Her body rubbing against mine. The way she erected me and made me release everything without holding back.

"Answer the question!" Adobi snapped.

"Why? I can't change the past!" I snapped back.

"You're in love with her, aren't you?"

"Adobi..."

"Then why am I here, Jevan?"

"Adobi...come here." I pulled her into my arms and inhaled the coconut scent of her beautiful curls. Her hair always smelled like coconuts.

"I'm sorry for hurting you. Let's just move on and put this behind us. I owe you my love. Ok?"

"Ok."

___________

The following morning, I got up and found Adobi and Jason in the kitchen. She made him muffins, gave him some diced apples and a bowl of cereal.

They were chatting and laughing together.

My breakfast was prepared too.

"You two made up," I said.

"Yeah. I was out of line yesterday and I apologized to Jason for that. Your apology was last night," Adobi answered.

I flushed.

After breakfast, Nina and Sophia informed me that they were going to visit Blossom. I found it a good time for her to bond with her friends so I took Jason to work with me where he can play with the other employees' kid at the Hollen Tower: Day Care department.

During the day, I received a phone call from my fiancee. She arranged a lunch date for us, including Jason, at a restaurant.

~

At lunch, we were eating and laughing and for once, I felt at peace with Adobi.

"There's actually a reason for this date. I have something to tell you," she started.

"What's up?" I asked, giving her my full attention.

She took my hand in hers and smiled sweetly at me. "Jevan, I'm pregnant. I found out this morning."

______________

A/N

Congratulations are in order then!

Don't forget to vote on look out for more chapters. 💫