Mike

10:00 P. M.

I was pretty sure the beauty shop at least was gonna accept me in their team for my experience as a haircutter in my brother's club. I thought this pizzeria wasn't gonna be interested in me 'cause of my absence, but it seemed they were, although it was probably for my contribution of one million dollars that, of course, my brother paid himself for me to finally get a gig. My idea wasn't to work here, and these days what really got me worried about wasn't the sudden call to go to work today, but about that accident that happened yesterday: some people say it was just a firework practice that went wrong, or it was for some tracks. They even said it was for the mascots of the place; all those statements sounded pretty foolish to me. Guessed the best way to find out was risking my guts in there, no matter the peril.

   The human resources' worker told me that one employee, who didn't work there anymore, left some recorded audios for me to get settled in the room where I was gonna look over the restaurant. Fortunately, my idea kept in standby, and the only thing I was gonna have to do was sneak along the restaurant toward the security office, which seemed to be between two hallways. To avoid panicking, Freddy Fazbear Pizza's manager declared the accident as no big deal to be scared or worried about. Also some workers were gonna protect the condemned establishment—that was just me—while others refurbished it, so I was just gonna work in a close down lair. I was willing to go anyway.

   I was now arriving to the pizzeria's parking lot. There were many road cones around and yellow tapes boarding it up. It was pretty dark 'round here, but anyway, that worker told me to get in by the wreckage, where the front door was supposed to be. I left my car already and walking closer like recording the whole thing. Inside was darker than outside.

   As I kept stepping clumsily, I saw nothing but rubble on the ground, so I turned on a flashlight I considered useful when getting in for a better look. I beamed to my left once I was inside, and I spotted a yellow room with a stove inside. That must have been the restaurant's kitchen. I kept sweeping the white beam from top to bottom around the main room. Before me was a not-too-long hallway, but before I stepped one pace forward, I beamed to my right, so I could make sure there was another hallway.

   I was still bobbling my flashlight and, with widened eyes, I spotted a sort of bear giant robot walking next to the other hallway. I lighted his yellowish back, but when he realized about it, he quickly turned around his head: only his head. He had empty eyes with shiny white pupils, and didn't look like somebody was controlling him. Frightened I let go of my flashlight. I quickly crotched down to pick it up, but once I was pointing the beam there again, the bear had vanished: nowhere in sight. Not even the worst of my nightmares made me shudder like I was doing right now.

   After I picked up my flashlight, I thoughtlessly set it off by the nearest hallway; I didn't know why I didn't get the shit out towards my cat. I couldn't take my breath. After a quick running through, what I felt, the longest hallway ever, I reached an office. Indeed, there was another door at the other side of it. There was a wooden desk with a computer, and... there was a close, red button! I quickly pressed it and the door shut down. It took me a while to catch my breath, chill out and study the narrow room. I sat down on a swivel chair and started to look at the desk wishing to know what I had to find. There was nothing but a bunch of paperwork, ripped candy trash and a telephone. This was it! I pressed the button so I could hear the messages; there was one.

   "Hello, hello? Uh... I think a human resources' employee was gonna tell you about this voice message for you, and well, indeed, by this way I'm going to help you to get settled on your first night; l actually worked in that office before you. I already finished my last week, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?

   Uh, let's see… first there's an introductory greeting from the restaurant that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. 'Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, a magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced.' 'Course after that accident the restaurant must be going through a rough time.

   So, remember, these characters are called Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy, and they hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Uh... Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. Now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll p-most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to... forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit. Um, now, that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort... and death. But hey, first day should be a breeze. I guess there's nothing more I can do but wish you good luck. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night!"

   After the voice message had finished, I turned to the door I arrived from and found myself before that yellow bear bended over and staring at me. The last thing I heard was a loud screech from him.

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]