Chocolate Rain~ Chapter 2

After a few moments, that passed like hours, Mr. Mason turned back around and walked with a strut down the line again. He stopped in front of each of us and looked everyone dead in the eye, making some of the students shy away or close their eyes. It was only obvious that Garret was enjoying this all too much, until he stopped in front of Alec and I again. "Hmm, didn't I see a sign down the hallway saying no PDA" he asked sarcastically and glared at me for a moment, and as I glared back at him I saw the recognition click in his brain. He recognized me. 

I saw a smirk cross his lips, and he suddenly burst out with laughter. "So I have come to the right place!" He said triumphantly, and walked back to the middle of the line. "Nick get the others to gather everyone in the left wing" he ordered "theres an announcement to make!" He said and nodded towards me, as if telling Nick that I was the one they were here for. Nick nodded and glanced over at me one more time before running off down the hallways, while Garret walked back to our principals office. As he pried open the wooden door, filled with bullet holes, I felt myself get sick at the nasty site. Mrs. Harris lay on the floor, covered in blood, and in the corner so did her secretary. Dropping to my knees I grabbed my stomach and closed my eyes, trying not to puke. "Sarah!" Alec shouted and fell to his knees next to me. "Whats the matter?" he asked in a worried tone, all I could do was point to the open office. Alec slowly turned and his gaze followed the direction where my finger pointed at, and I felt him freeze for a moment before bringing me into his tight embrace again. "Oh God.." he whispered and held me tightly as a couple of the other students either screamed, or passed out at the site. 

Garret only laughed at the lot of us, and began dragging the three lifeless bodies from the room, laying them down by one of the main doors, and returned back to the office, closing the door behind him. But before it shut all the way he called over his shoulder "Might as well make yourselves comfy, we'll all be here for a while". 

With that, everyone who was still spread out and split up into their usual groups. I could tell they were all shaking, and i could hear them whispering about how scared they were. "Alec.." I whispered and looked up at him. "Yeah?" He asked curiously and I could feel him shaking a bit, he was paler than usual. "Are you okay?" I asked worriedly, my nauseas feeling getting replaced with fear for him. "Well besides being scared to death, I'm fine" he replied in a little voice before sliding into a sitting position. He pulled me onto his lap after a moment and nested his face in my hair, breathing slowly. "I just want this to be all over with" he added, then entwined his fingers with mine. "Yeah same here.." I said, feeling a small blush creep across my cheeks. It still seemed weird, that he felt the same way as I had for 4 years straight. "Alec.." I whispered again and leaned in to kiss him softly again, but this time it was more passionate than before and he smiled before kissing me back. I felt his arms wrap around me, and almost giggled as the other students gasped with shock before I broke the kiss again. "I love you" we both said at the same time and smiled at each other. 

One of the guards that was watching over everyone broke our happiness though as he shouted at us and told us we better knock it off. I rolled my eyes, and sighed sadly. Four years, and now through this I finally get him, but we both might die. Great. Just my luck, as usual. It only took 20 minutes for the guy called Nick to round up the entire student body, and the faculty and Garret finally stepped out of the office as Nick arrived. No one looked like zombies anymore, they looked more like ghosts, especially the freshman. A tinge of sympathy flashed through me as I gazed at everyone, while I was still in Alec's lap. I couldn't help but feel like this was all my fault, and I layed my head on Alec's chest for a moment as everyone waited silently for Garret to speak, their eyes all locked on him in anticipation and fear.

Garret stood in front of everyone for a moment, gazing at them all before turning so he was facing all of us, and them in the left wing of the school. He cleared his throat, trying to look formal, before speaking once again. "I'm sure you're all wondering why I'm here for one, and for the other why your silly little police men haven't come to save you." He started, snickering a bit and pausing, just to torture everyone who was waiting to know "Well, I can't tell you the first thing right now, but those men you rely on day by day to keep you safe are too chicken shit to come here. They are radioing out to other counties and asking for assistance, but I dunno how long it will be till they get here. I can assure you though, they will be too late." "I'd suggest none of you try to escape, thatd be the dumbest move you could pull" he  added pacing now "and listen, I know you're all impatient and just want to get out of here. And most of you will, soon enough." With that Garret returned to the office, telling one of the large guards with super dark skin to instruct everyone to make themselves at home. It was sort of a stupid thing to say, considering we were all at gunpoint and scared to death, but everyone else spread out in the large commons area after a few moments. Some of my best friends came and surrounded Alec and I, while others broke off into their groups too. 

A quiet whisper filled the air, until Garret came out of the office once more. "Listen up!" He shouted, as his voice echoed through the room. Everyone looked up and froze like deer in headlights, their hearts immediately starting to speed up. "Every one of you is to hand over your cellphones, and iPod touches" he declared and a few of the students groaned angrily. "Everyone who refuses, will be shot" Garret added harshly, shutting everyone up as guards started to swarm through the students, holding large bags as everyone including the staff tossed their cellphones into them reluctantly. After about 10 minutes, Garret stood with his arms crossed over his chest and glared at all of us. "Empty your pockets" he demanded, making sure no one was stupid enough to keep their cells. With that, everyone complied and began setting their belongings on the ground, except for one kid. He had mesmerizing blue eyes and bright orange hair, but he just sat there, not moving a muscle and Garret saw him. Bad idea I thought and hid my face in Alec's shoulder again, afraid of what was going to happen. 

Breaking the awkward silence, Garret walked over and kicked the kid in the ribs, earning an awful sounding cry from the kid. "Why are you disobeying my orders!" Garret screamed angrily, kicking the ginger again, this time the kid didn't make a noise. He just grabbed his sides and sat on his knees, catching his breath for a moment. "Because I don't have anything" he finally replied, but even I could tell he was lying. This infuriated Garret, and he kicked the kid in the gut this time, causing him to gasp and lose his breath again. "Don't lie to me boy!" Garret whispered angrily, before grabbing the collar of the kids shirt and pulling him up to his feet. "Empty. Your pockets" Garret demanded, his breath hot on the kids face. Startled the kid finally did as he was told, and dropped a purple lighter, and an iPod touch onto the tile below. They both bounced three times before standing still, and the entire room was holding their breath. "Shoot him!" Garret ordered finally, but before anyone could take aim I screamed and jumped out of Alec's lap. 

"No don't!" I pleaded desperately and ran over to the orange haired boy, who was now on the ground with tears running down his face. He was shaking violently and I could see blood trickling down from the side of his lips, from the force of Garret's kicking. Before Alec could register what had just happened Garret turned to face me, an awful look spread upon his face. "Oh, and why shouldn't we, Sarah?" I heard everyone around me gasp and look at me in shock, all with one question on their minds. How did he know my name? "Because he doesn't deserve to die!" I replied, my voice shaking slightly. I had stage fright, and speaking in front of the entire school body, plus unknown men scared the living heck out of me. Then Garret said something that nearly split my heart in two "Just like your grandmother didn't?" He said in a cold, dead voice. He knew he'd hurt me when the tears started to pour down my cheeks and I bit my lip, trying not to lose myself. "You should know by now that I don't care who they are, or if they deserve to die or not" He added and turned away from me. "Shoot him" he stated simply again, as Alec jumped to his feet and ran over to me as I fell to my knees again. He didn't say anything, he didn't need to. All he did was scoop me up into his arms and hold me tight as I began to cry, but before he could move away fast enough, a loud gunshot cracked through the air and found its mark. With a shrill cry of pain the red head fell on the ground, and hot blood splattered my skinny jeans. The last thing I heard was everyone whispering and beginning to cry before I felt the warm blood slide down my leg and I passed out in Alec's arms. Complete black covered my mind, and I went limp in Alec's arms as he hauled me as far away from the dead boy as possible. Garret was already back in the office by then, and there was a huge circle beginning to hover around the one who was shot.