She put her arms out to me and then smiled. I slowly walked to her and brought her into a hug. I pressed my lips to her head and whispered, "I've been waiting for you forever.." After she pulled away, she did the same for Edward and then she looked at Karen and Michael.  

"We hope you're happy with your new parents, Evelyn." Michael says, bending down to her. "We'll be back soon to check on you, and then you can stay here."  

          Evelyn nodded her head slowly and then we watched them leave. She turned to us and then smiled.  

"Are you hungry?" Edward asked, bending to her. 

          She nodded her head very slowly. I remember now it takes two hours to get here from the foster care center, and I glanced at the time.  

"I made some breakfast," Edward says softly. "Would you like some?" 

          Evelyn nodded her head and smiled. We took her to the kitchen and she began to eat. Edward and I ate at the same time. She seemed to enjoy it, which was a big relief.

          After breakfast, Edward was cleaning up and I bent down in front of Evelyn. She looked at me and I gave her a smile and took her hands. "Do you want me to show you to your bedroom?"  

          She squeezed my hand and nodded and I brought her to the stairs. She looked a little scared.  

"Oh, come here." I bent down and picked her up. She whimpered and I looked at her and slowly walked up the stairs, watching her. As soon as we got to the top, I put her down. She took my hand again and I put the lights on. She looked at her feet and I looked at her. She looked back at me and then I bent down to her. "Would you like me to take off your shoes?" She smiled and I untied them very carefully and then put them to the side. "Alright, come with me." She takes my hand again and we walked to my room. "This is where daddy and I sleep." I say to her, bending down to her. "If you wanna sleep with us, you can." I say, rubbing her arm. She looked down the hallway, where her room is. "Okay, lets go see your room." As we walked past the stairs, she took her shoes and ran back to me. I give her a small smile and then I opened the door. "This is your room." She let go of my hand and walked in slowly.  

          The bed in the middle of the room was a kids bed. She had pink and purple butterfly and flower bedding, and a butterfly pillow. On the opposite side on the wall, there was a small TV and a remote on the top of it. She looked at me curious and then looked back at the TV.  

"Oh, that's your TV. If you wanna watch a movie with me or daddy, you can." I say to her, looking around. She put her shoes down and sat on the bean bag chair in front of her bed. She giggled and moved around in a lot. I walked to the shoes and picked them up. She stopped and then waddled right next to me to the closet. I think I heard her gasp and I put the shoes on one of the shelves. I closed it and turned back to her. "You like it?" She smiles and then she looked uncomfortable. I had a feeling I knew, so I took her hand and walked to the bathroom. I put her on the toilet and turned to leave and she whimpered. I turned around and she looked at me with the most sad face in the world.  

"You want me to stay?" I sat down by the tub and waited for her. She took her time, kicking and clapping. She was just so cute. After a little while, I sat in front of her and she looked at me. "You done?" She shook her head and then she rubbed her eyes. "Don't worry, take your time." I say before sitting down. After about ten minutes, finally, she was done. "Come," I stood her up and wiped her before flushing. I pulled her pants back on and picked her up and put her by the sink and watched her wash her hands. I put her back down and she hugs me. I hugged her back and then picked her up. I walked back downstairs and put her down and she walked to Edward and sat next to him. I walked to the kitchen and picked up a phone. I dialed Rosalie's number and waited.