Evelyn Ravenna

Chapter 20: Evelyn Ravenna 

POV: Bella  

Date: August 1, 2011 

Author's Note(s): 

-Please vote & comment :]

                                                             My Bella (Edward)

          Life is great. I'm going to have a baby soon and now Edward and I are adding our first addition to our family. All of this was thanks to Edward, my amazing, my wonderful best friend, my soul mate. He's made my life so much better, and I don't know where I would be without him.  

          Both of us walked downstairs and he kissed my head once more before going to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Time: 9:32 AM

          I sat on the couch, watching TV. We couldn't wait to meet her - and she's been waiting to get adopted since she was one. Now she's almost four.  

          So far, all we know is that she's small, has a speech disability, and she came from the Dominican Republic. She doesn't remember much of her old home, except the death of her family, and the foster home that she stayed in. She needs to be cared for, and needs a loving family. That's one reason why we adopted her.  

          I remember in high school the babies and toddlers class I took, and I know how to treat a whole bunch of kids - no matter what disorder or disability - so I know how to treat someone like our new daughter. It's what I wanna do when I'm around 30. Just help the little ones.  

          I was taken out my memories of the good times at high school when the doorbell rang. I got up and opened it.  

          Karen and Michael stood there with smiles. I didn't see the child with them, but they didn't look to upset. "Good morning, Bella." 

"Good morning." I say, smiling back. "Edward, they're here!!"  

          Karen walked in and looked at Michael. "You can get her now," She says, sitting with me on the couch. We made small chat before Edward came in and joined us.  

          Michael walked back in, carrying a small girl. Everyone stood and I swear, my life changed for good. Becoming a parent has never felt more real to me than ever before. The small girl had curly, chocolate-brown hair, and rosy red cheeks. Her eyes were green and her ears were tiny. She had her thumb in her mouth and her eyes on us. She was wearing a Minnie Mouse outfit, holding a Minnie Mouse bag, and had white and pink shoes on.  

"Here she is," Michael says with a smile. "This is little Evelyn Ravenna."  

          Karen smiled and walked over to her. "Evelyn, this is your new mommy and daddy." She tells her, bending down to her. Evelyn had to be the most beautiful little girl in the world. I already feel like I need to protect and love her.  

          Little Evelyn looked at us, taking her thumb out her mouth, and then after a little bit, a smile appeared on her face. I've been waiting for a long time for this moment. Edward and I walked over to her and she stared at us both.  

"Hi there," I say to her, smiling. I felt like I was going to cry, receiving such a beautiful child - one I felt like I have known for a long time. Finally, one I can love and protect and hold in my arms.