Bella's Birthday

Chapter 5: Bella's Birthday 

Date: September 13th, 2009 

POV: Edward 

Author's Note: 

-Bella and Edward are older (Bella turns 20, Edward is 22) 

-Alice and Jacob live in an apartment 

-Alice & Jonah is still in the hospital (Alice is released soon) 

-Rosalie is not married, nor is she dating (yet.)

                                                             My Bella

          I woke up earlier than Bella, hours early. I quietly go to the kitchen and make some pancakes for her. I go back to our room and she's still sleeping. She's so cute when she's asleep. Her angelic face, so peaceful. I put the plate and drink down on the side table and sit on the bed. I see she moves a little, but not enough to wake up.  

"Rise and shine, sleepy head." It's now 10AM, and I woke up at 8:32AM. Yeah, it's time. 

          She opened her eyes slowly and looked at me. She looks at the time. "10 AM??" She asks, sleepy.  

"Happy birthday, love." I kiss her softly and she kisses back and pulls away and looks at the food. 

"Pancakes? In bed? You're insane.. But I love it." She smiles and I put the pancakes on her lap. She sits up and starts to eat them. "Aren't you hungry?" She asked me after swallowing the first bite.  

"No, I'm fine." I tell her, sitting next to her now.  

          She smiles at me. "Thank you." She kisses my cheek and I put my arm around her and she blushes.  

"I love you." I whisper in her ear. 

"I love you too." She whispers back, after finishing her pancakes. She licks her lips and sits on my lap, then she puts her head on my chest and sighs. "What are we gonna do today?"  

"Well, we're picking Alice up from the hospital." I look at her and move some hair out of her face. "And we might be going out for dinner, if Alice changes her mind about having dinner at her apartment." I say. Her facial expression changes and I grow worried. "What's wrong?"  

          She gets up and she walks to the bathroom, slamming the door shut and then I heard crying. "Noooo!" 

"Bella?" I try to open the door but it's locked. "Bella, love? What's going on?" I ask her, upset.  

          She opens the door, tears falling down her cheeks. "I got my period." She whispers. I pull her into my arms and I hug her tight.  

"Don't cry.. We can always try again." I tell her, upset we weren't gonna have a baby, but it's not the end of the world.  

"I really wanted a baby, Edward." She says in my chest. 

          I pull away and wipe her tears. I stare at her and she looks back at me. "Love, it's not the end of the world. We will try again later, I promise." I kiss her cheek and hug her again. She puts her head on my shoulder and sniffles.  

"Sorry.." She whispers. "I'm such a crybaby." She mumbles and looks down.  

"You're not a crybaby.." I tell her. "I know it's hard to accept the truth." I tell her before squeezing her in my arms. After I pull away, she looks at me and looks down.  

"Thank you, for being supportive." She looks back at me. "You're the best." She tells me, smiling.  

          I smile at her and she blushes and we kiss. I hold her close and she puts her arms around my neck.