Chapter 9

Long story short...we made it out of the studio.

I'm honestly not sure how we did, however. We just opened the door to get out of the Ink Machine, and it was the parking lot of the studio. We turn around, and there it was! The outside of the crumbling, abandoned studio. Not a trace of the Ink Machine. We were just...out.

Sammy, because of the ink, had no memories of his house at all, so me and Henry invited him to live with us until he could afford a house of his own and move out. 

Linda was just happy we were all back and alive.

"Oh, Henry!!" she had said when we came back. Henry was absolutely COVERED in ink, but she didn't care. She just pulled him into a tight hug. "I was worried sick! I had half a mind to call the police to find you and (Y/N)...but I knew they would never believe me! I waited and I waited...and now here you are!!"

She ended up sobbing into Henry's shoulder while he hugged her back. I could tell he was just happy to know he would see her again after all. 

I was just partially happy I would stay with Sammy.

The months lulled onward into a long horizon. Sammy still couldn't get the house.

But then we would spend time together.

Dates I suppose.

The laughing, long nights, and nice moments, it all seemed like perfection. 

Absolute perfection.

Then...

One night...

We were taking a walk by the moonlight after a fancy dinner together. That alone must've cost him a fortune. There was a slight haze in the air, so the world around us seemed to shimmer a silver light. Like there was magic. 

He led me to my favorite fountain, and what I saw.

Oh, what I saw.

It was stunningly beautiful. 

Candles were placed like a pathway, golden orbs flickering in the midst of the silver atmosphere. Leading up to the fountain. There, candles were placed at random, but still looking perfect. A guitar was propped up, illuminated by a candle. Fireflies were flying around us all as well. Swirling through the night all around us, and splitting through the rest of the shimmery glow. 

Sammy led me up the pathway and asked me to sit down on the wall of the fountain, so I was in the middle of all the mist and light. Sammy picked up the guitar, and played a soft and beautiful tune.

Then he sang.

"I still remember the day that I fell

"For an angel who could've come from heaven or hell

"Her temper was fiery, but to match she was sweet 

"Oh, that girl swept me off my feet

"Later on, later on, I fell deeper in her eyes

"A beauty that could take me to the skies

"And I said, and I said...

"I love her! I love her! With that there is no doubt

"Oh, she's just a woman that I can't live without

"Can't live without..."

His voice trailed off on that note, and my face was hot and red. Some tears off happiness fell down my cheeks as he sang that, but I wiped them away. 

Then knelt down on one knee, placing the guitar down beside him. 

He pulled something out of his pocket, but hid it, and said, 

"(Y/N), you are just so amazing. Your talent, your beauty, your personality, they all have no description. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you..."

He pulls out a small black-velvet box, presenting it to me almost.

He opens it and inside is a diamond ring. Freaking. Diamond.

"(Y/N) Stein..." he begins.

"Will you marry me?"

My hands are raised to my mouth, and I'm just sobbing out of happiness and surprise.

And then I nod.

"Yes!" I say, bringing my hands down from my mouth slightly to show him my excited and joyful smile.

He returns the look, and gently brings down one of my hands from my face...

Then puts the ring on my ring finger.

We're both extremely happy, and by now Sammy himself is crying a bit.

We bounce upwards, sanding up. We're both full of so much excited energy, we're now acting like children. 

I hug him around the neck, and he wraps his arms around my waist.

Then we kiss. Long and good. I was so happy, I still can't remember if there was tounge or not. I didn't really care, really.

(Y/N) Lawrence.

It's got a nice ring to it.