XIV.

Reys Pov
I lost my balance sliding down the sandy hill, my body fell onto the ground with a thud. I lifted my head up, seeing Arden's home one last time before sprinting to the rendezvous point.

"Rey," screamed Finn, waving his hands in the air catching my attention, he took notice of my presence, seeing that I was alone, "Wait, where's Arden?!"

"We're going to have to leave without him," I said grabbing ahold of Finn's arm and jumping up onto the Millennial Falcon. He grabbed my arm with such force taking me back, his fingers grasped onto my wrist tightly,
"That wasn't the plan," he said, his eyes narrowed.

"Well, it is now it's too late," I said turning my head away from, staring off towards Anchor head.

"Leia wanted him," his grasp tightened, as I turned around staring into his eyes.

"I understand but it has been compromised Finn, trust me," my hand touched his shoulder softly, "We got what we came for," I said with a faint smile.

Finn's eyes widened as he saw the satchel that hug loosely from my hand. His eyes averted onto my eyes and nodded slightly. He then pushed me, guiding me up the ramp, pounding on the button signaling the ramp shut.

Pradas Pov
I continued to walk towards the home, using my force as guidance. From the sky I heard small rumbling, as a shot from above disturbed the setting sun. A familiar whirring sound, that was accompanied with a flash that appeared into the sky, as the Falcon jumped into hyperdrive. My blood began to boil knowing that I had done wrong, I quickly turned around to the troopers who stood beside me. Screaming at the top of my lungs in their direction,
"That's them you fucking idiots, send a signal to the Supramcy to get a location as to where they are!"

"Yes my lord," they said as they marched off into the opposite direction.

My anger boiled as my breath quickened, as I continued my search through the small homes that stood scattered. My eyes stopped seeing a small round structure, that had drapes laid on the sides. Again I felt it, a familiar sense as if haunting me of my past. I pushed open the tall wooden door, it let out a loud sigh as I entered. The room was quaint and small, but it had dealt with disturbance as flower pots laid on the floor broken.

Someone was hiding something...

"The past still finds its way to haunt you my dear," a voice spoke from the distance,

No...

"I thought you were,-"

"Dead? Well so did everyone else," the voice spoke out as a familiar figure stepped out of the shadows.

"Captain Arden," my voice trailed off seeing the older man dressed in peasant clothes, "So you're the man we've been looking for.. I never thought you would have turned and isolated here. In this waste land...." I hissed

I small smile formed on his lips as he pushed himself up with his cane.

I slowly made my way towards him, alert knowing this old man still had a few tricks up his sleeve.
"Who would've known that an officer of the Republic would be here... you deserted your people," my voice shook.

He chuckled softly, his eyes gazing onto mine. They were no longer cold, but held warmth and happiness.
"I can say the same for you, Princess," he said stepping closer to me, continuing,
"I changed once I saw the destruction that was brought upon the Resistance... the innocence..."

"Since when were you so caring... that wasn't put to much use when you were training me-"

"Precedious forbade it-"