You hand over the money, and she pops it in the till. "$1.95 change," she says lazily, ringing up your food and drink. "Wait over there. Next customer please."

You and the friendly man stand to one side to collect your drinks and cookies. "Oh, here's your change," you say to him.

"No, please keep it."

"Please, it's the least I can do since you gave me the money to pay for the stuff." You say, pressing it into his hand.

"Thanks," he smirks, as he hears his own words repeated back to him.

After a few minutes of waiting, another barista comes over to you and hands you the drinks and food.

"Thank you, have a good day," you say politely.

The barista murmurs an inaudible reply.

"Can I take my rucksack now?" You ask him, trying not to sound rude, as you put down the stuff on a table.

"Sure." He gives you back your rucksack and picks up the drinks and cookies.

"Let's go to the park and eat and drink our takeaway, whilst getting to know each other better." He suggests.

That sounds like a plan to you.
The park was only a 5-minute walk away, so there wasn't any reason to decline.

*******5 Minutes later*********

You and the man sitting on a wooden bench in the so-far empty park, eating and drinking.

"So what's your name?" He asks you.

"Y/N L/N," you say, slurping your frappuccino through your straw.

"That's a really beautiful name, just like you." He says shyly.

"Thank you." You giggle. "What's your name?"

He chokes on his biscuit, looks at you and says: "Johnny, Johnny Depp."

It was your turn to choke on your biscuit now. "Seriously?" You ask disbelievingly, shocked that this stranger you were talking to was your favourite actor of all time.

"Seriously."

"Not to be rude, but what are you doing here. I mean, what were you doing in the library and café on your own with no bodyguard or anyone else?"

"I was getting a bit sick of the paparazzi," he says. "so I came out on my own in disguise, so no one would recognise me. It worked for a while, until just then in the cafe."

"You think the camera sound was someone taking a picture of us?" You ask nervously, fearing the absolute worst.

"Probably. Now people will think I went to in to get a drink, but instead left with a girlfriend," he says jokingly.

"You technically did. Except you left with both."

He chuckles. "Your funny Y/N," he says.

"So are you, Johnny. You're also very very kind and handsome. Thanks for helping me out back in the café."

"No probs," he says, blushing as you compliment him, his brown wavy hair seeming to turn even darker.

You stare at everybody who walks by, wondering where they're going, who they are, what they do for a living ect, as you sip your drink.

Several elderly people with walking sticks walk by, smiling at Johnny and you and then at each other.

Then you realise why the elderly people are staring at you and Johnny: Johnny's hand is accidentally touching yours.
You look at him and then back at both of your touching hands.

"Oh, I'm sorry," says Johnny, going red, drawing his hand away. "I just thought..."

"No, it's ok. I - well -"
You stutter.

"What?" He asks.

"I, errr..." You paused for a moment, stumped at how the hell you were supposed to say 'I love you.'
Instead of taking a breath and trying to confess your feelings, you decide to leave. "Goodbye." You say, a mood kicking in because of the frustration of how you were unable to confess your feelings to him.
Standing up, you dump your empty cup and cookie bag in the bin. You stumble as you start walking away from him as fast as you can.

"Wait, Y/N!" He calls, dumping his empty bag and cup in the bin. Jumping up, he runs after you. He grabs your hand and looks at you with a pleading look in his eyes.

"What is it, Johnny?" You ask frustratedly. "Please leave me alone." You attempt to push his hand away, but he still holds hangs on.

"Okay, but please tell me what's up. Is it something I did?"

"No," you sigh, turning round to face him. "I just... I like you, but it's hard for me to tell people how I feel which frustrates me. "I'm sorry for taking it out on you, it's not your fault." You stare at the floor ashamed of yourself as you pushed your hair back, your fingers getting tangled in all the knotty bits.

Johnny smiles and puts his hand on your shoulder. "I like you too."

You lock eyes for a moment before you look away.

You check your watch and are alarmed to see that it's almost five o'clock in the evening.

"Oh wow, it's getting late. I've got to get home now," you say looking at your watch.

Johnny looks disappointed.
He had enjoyed hanging out with you.

"You have to go?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. It's starting to get dark as well, and...this sounds silly, but I'm terrified of the dark."

"What's silly about being scared of the dark? It's nothing to be afraid of. And...do you maybe want me to walk you home?"

You thought about it for a second. You wanted Johnny to walk you home because you were afraid of something happening to you as you walked, but you didn't want to waste his time and bother him with your problem either.

"Yes, I'd like that."

"Cool."

"... Could we like exchange numbers, you know, so we can meet up again sometime?"

"Sure."

Taking a pen, you both carefully wrote your phone numbers down on slips of paper and exchanged them.

Both of you then link arms and walk back to your house, being careful to avoid alleyways whenever possible.

*******At your house**********

It's getting dark when you get to your house. He walks you to your front door and thanks to you for letting him help you at the library and café. Johnny tells you he had a really good time with you.

"I had a really good time with you to Johnny," you say as you're standing at your front door.

"Well, goodbye. Um....I'll call you," he says kissing you on the cheek before disappearing down the street, becoming a speck in the distance as he walks on.

***Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it. The romantic bits and everything else is what you get when you realise a 13-year-old wrote it😂

Edit (15 December 2021) :
I'm fifteen now and I just came back to this book to correct the grammar coz it is just fucking horrendous. Cringing at everything I've written. Like wtf?😭
There isn't any hope for me to become a professional writer😂😂😂***