Chapter 20

Silas

What?... What? Why did I do that now?

"I'm sorry, I don't know... Why I kissed you. I think... it just... Was a moment?" I say, but it's more of a question.

Alex still looks at me with big eyes. Then say something instead of just looking, I'm going to get it.

"Um... Probably it was the movie, there was like a kissing scene." She finally says.

"Yes, that's it. I mean, I don't feel anything for you. You're beautiful though. Allee, not that I kissed you that."

Indeed, I kissed her.

"I'm just not attracted to you," I continued, "Not that you're not attractive... I mean..."

I don't know what to say. I put my elbows on my knees and pull my hair.

"Hey, it's ok. I also don't feel anything for you and I'm not attracted to you either. I'm not going to tell Claire if you want to. It meant nothing, so why tell her?"

"Ok, we don't tell anyone. Sorry again."

"And again, it's ok. I think I might be doing better.

"Yes ok. Until later." "See you later."

I still don't get it. Why would I do something like that now? I have Claire. This morning I was thinking about marrying her. Shit, why would I have done my class before? Why did we have to watch a romantic movie now? I should have chosen when she asked me to choose. I was never going to choose a movie like that. No, I wanted to be a gentleman and let her choose. Then came the kiss scene and just then we looked at each other in the eyes. I felt tension between us and before I knew it my lips were on hers. We did break up immediately.

I swear I don't feel anything for her. I barely know her; I know she's good friends with Claire and my heart is with someone else. I. Love. Of. Claire.

When I hear Merlin, I go to his room. I'll take him to the bathroom and put him in his bath. After he's all dressed up, I'll take him down. I give him his bottle and then I put him in the seat.

I can't stop thinking about the kiss. Not because I liked it, but because it's eating me up. When I look at Merlin, who is sleeping back in the seat, I realize I can't lose my family. Yes, it's not really my family, but it feels that way.

It's better that I never say it to Claire or anyone else. It meant nothing and it will cause unnecessary drama.

I do the TV and keep zapping until I suddenly see a picture of Merlin.

"People, of course, wonder who that boy is. They're trying to contact the mom, but they don't know who it is. There are people, especially directioners, who look for mini Harry Styles in Brooklyn. It's going to be a big search. Harry Styles has not yet commented. One Direction has since had several interviews and never anyone has talked about it. The photo has been shared worldwide, however, so they can't say they've never seen the photo before. Some think there's a way to say nothing about that. Maybe there's more to it than just a little boy who 'happens to' look like Harry Styles..."

What? I never noticed merlin looks like him, but now that you say it. What do they mean by the latter? What else would be behind it? Does she mean father-son? Do they really think Harry is Merlin's dad? No, you can't. Or right?

CLAIRE

"Hey Robin." After I finished work, I immediately called Robin. I'm sorry because I was short on her.

"Hey," she says softly.

"I'm sorry I was so short on you. I'm frustrated that the picture gets so much attention. I just don't get it. You'd think that's just a picture but why all that attention?"