Chapter 04

Chapter 04

Sitting on the branch of a high tree, Suzana set her gaze in the northeastern direction. She removed her lips from the mouth piece of her saxophone and concluded. "The Clow... the seal on it has been broken."

She sensed the cards soar off to numerous of different locations, their presences vanishing quickly. "It seems that I have to wait a little longer to see a Clow Card in action."

A clock tocked in the background.

••••

Rhode glanced up from marking papers. Twirling the red ink pen with her right hand, a smile slowly crept on her face. "Seems like the story of Cardcaptor and Spell Caster will write its first chapters before the night departs." She glanced at the clock on her wall, seeing that it was only 5:25 pm.

••••

Eyelids lifted revealing azure blue eyes. "Ah, I have not felt the presence of the Clow Cards in a long time.... so nostalgic."

"Passengers, we will be landing in Tomoeda, Japan in the next five minutes."

He opened his cellphone, looking at the time.

•••••

Currently, the the doors of a music store were opened by young girl. She had no idea that her fate was intertwined with these cards. "Good evening! Excuse me, do you have the latest album of Suzana 'An' Croft?!"

'What a loud child!'

'Was she raised in a barn?'

'Did she run here?'

'Her hair is a mess and she's sweaty all over.'

Walking to the cashier that stood behind the counter, she closed her eyes awaiting his answer.

The cashier thought, 'seems like she really wants to buy that cd. How do I let her down that they're all sold out?'

"I see. You guys are all sold out as well. Thank you for your time and I apologize for disturbing you and the others." She bowed her head then made her way to the door.

'.... Huh? I didn't even answer her question yet.' He blinked somewhat confounded then watched as the girl who couldn't be older than nine years of age exit the establishment.

"That was the last store that sells her works." She murmured. She reached inside of her school's uniform skirt pocket to take out her MP3 player. She had to catch a crowded transportation -the bus- and did not need to hear the inner voices of everyone. Pulling out only her peach coloured wallet, she realized that she had left her MP3 player on her bed.

She sighed. Why was her luck so bad today? She had already missed the meet and greet. Then all the cds were sold out and now, she had left her MP3 player at home. The girl with dark bluish black hair couldn't deal with everyone's thoughts bombarding into her head to cause her get a terrible migraine or feel nauseous. The young girl decided to walk home on a path that little to no people took.

As a park came into sight, she heard a saxophone being played. She thought her ears were deceiving her. This saxophone sounded exactly like An's. Walking into the park, she saw a saxophone case leaning against the highest tree and up sitting on the highest branch of that tree was Suzana 'An' Croft.

Instead of disturbing the musician, she sat down on the swing and closed her eyes to listen. Ever since she first heard Suzana's music, it comforted her greatly back then. All the people who she had thought were her friends called her a freak .... a monster. And when she listened to her music, she could control her mind reading ability and not hear others' thoughts to a certain extent.