Hunted

Chapter 7

"Angela, can you sit still long enough for me to get ur tail tucked in?!" I asked irritated.

"Sorry..." Angela giggled.

I tucked her tail in jeans and handed her the white fedora with a black strap. I grabbed my black fedora with a purple strap and walked outside to my Honda Civic.

"James, we are leave for the store." I said knowing he'd hear me.

"Okay." He replied appearing by my side.

We piled into the car with me driving and Angela took shot gun so James is in the back as usual. James is my body guard to protect me when Brandon has to do some Alpha business. Andrew is Angela's body guard, which took the back seat behind her.

It's been three months since I moved in with Brandon and grow the ears and tail. We've gone on many dates but nothing intimate other than conversations. He wants to mark me, but that will lead to finishing the mating process and I'm not ready for what comes with that... The next full moon I'd get a wolf form. I've avoided the town since I moved. Nekos smell just like humans, so even vampires don't know unless they see the ears and tail.

"Grace! Stop ignoring me!" Angela yelled dragging me from my thoughts.

"Sorry. What is it?" I replied.

"I was thinking we should discuss it. I know that's what u were thinking about. I'm already mated and in four days I'll shift into a wolf. I wish you would to." She said softly.

"I know... I just.... I'm not good at adjusting and I still don't know who's hunting us..." I replied worry weighing down on me.

"Okay... But let it come natural okay?" Angela said with hope in her voice.

"Okay."

We didn't waste time getting in and out of the grocery store. We weren't safe in public and need to get back to the comfort of our pack. I pulled out my grocery list and went to get everything I need same as Angela. We agreed to meet at the car.

"You need chocolate cake? Pudding?" James asked.

"It's for a desert I'm going to make. Death by chocolate..." I stated, "Does the first shift hurt?"

He was shocked at first, "Ummm well yes. It hurt most of no ones there to comfort you and distract you from it a bit."

"Okay... Thank you, James" I replied grabbing the last of my things.

"I'm glad to help. You don't normally ask to talk. I betting I some so serious to you. Right?"

"Yes, I figured you were the type to worry only about your job at hand." I placed the groceries on the counter.

"Sorry. I just don't wanna take the chance I'll let something slip. If you need to talk it alright at the house but in public let's stick to looking normal with small talk that's all." He grabbed the bags and put them on his arms.

"I can agree with that." I grabbed the rest and headed to the car.

We reached the car and he put them in the trunk. Not long after Chris and Chloe came walking up. Chloe was giggling when she say us and ran up to me. With Nick and a vampire girl beside him.

"Hey!!! Grace!!!!" She hugged me tight.

"Hi..." The vampire girl said shyly.

I smiled, "You must be the beautiful, kind heart dating Nick."

"Yes. I'm Kristina." She smiled.

I pulled her into a hug, "I hope we can be good friend."

Angela came running at that time with Andrew not far behind. She came up up and linked our arms together. Andrew placed the groceries in the back seat with them and came to join us.

"So who's the cute shy girl?" Angela asked curious.

"I'm Kristina. You must be the twin like best friends." Kristina replied pink.

"Well... We went to the hospital and..." I started.

"...We are twins separated at birth." Angela finished.

"What?! That amazing! And explains a lot." Chloe squealed.

I chuckled, "Yep. Well we have to be going sadly. Our boyfriends are probably home waiting for us."

"Do you mind if we pay a visit some time?" Nick asked.

"Yes, you two can." I replied.

"Can we?" Chloe asked upset.

"Sure, well text you both when u can come. It may be another month. It depends if we get fully settled." I said.

We all said out far wells and see you then. I didn't waste time get back to the pack territories or the woods. I found the woods strangely comforting. I drove letting the woods bring that safe and peaceful abyss. That was my biggest mistake.