TWENTY SEVEN - HPBD CYAN

Start from the beginning

"I'll facetime him later, try to cheer him up. I can't have him going out like a sucka."

Hearing the kids begin to yell for Marley in the background, Ron started to miss them even more. His twins were one of a kind - and their big personalities could light up anyone's day.

"I gotta go Ron, call me later. And I mean it." Marley said sternly.

"I will, I promise. I love you sugar." he smirked.

"I love you too."

He took a swig of water from the bottle, next checking the time on his watch before deciding to go back into the gym. Since Korey was at rehearsal, he had time to focus on his own fitness as well as take on a few older clients.

The day was just getting started, and as usual once he was done with his clients and filming whatever scenes the production company requested of him, he was free to do whatever. He figured now would be the perfect time to attend seminars and pick the brains of individuals that were in positions he wanted to be one day - and took note to look into that when he got back to the hotel.

Back into the gym, Ron sauntered over to the weights to accompany the other men he had arrived with.

"Nigga your form is horrible, I keep telling you lift with your legs - not your back." Ron shook his head at his client Sadiq.

"Yeah yeah, I heard you the first time. Cool out, Mr. T" Sadiq jokingly rolled his eyes, adjusting the weight on his back.

"You the only muthafucka I know that argue with the instructor." His brother Malik chuckled.

Ron tittered, picking up a weight of his own, "Don't tell him anything, let him walk around like Quasimodo."

Malik clutched his sides with laughter, while his brother flagged the both of them as he sat down the barbell.

"I know one thing, I'm getting too old for this." Sadiq said, taking a winded breath.

"That's more of a reason to keep going. You tryna shrivel up or keep up with youngins?" Ron shrugged.

Sadiq thought on his words for a second, "You got a point, I'm still trying to find wifey and these young cats grabbin' everything."

"Not true, I personally like them a little seasoned." A woman's voice emerged.

Suddenly, a brown skin stallion sporting a matching gym outfit approached the group of men. She wore her honey blonde hair in a high ponytail, perfectly framing her heart shaped face with long bangs.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but hear your conversation." She smirked, wiping her chest of the trickles of sweat.

Sadiq licked his lips over, "It's cool, we would love to hear you perspective..." he squinted his eyes in curiosity of her name.

"It's Jayda." She filled in the silence, "And call me an old soul, but I need a man whose into 90's R&B not Bryson Tiller —"

"Whaaat, Bryson slaps though." Malik threw his hands up, "And it definitely ain't nothing wrong with a lil Jacquees."

Jayda giggled, giving the dark skinned man a shrug, "I guess, but I'm talking Donnell Jones, Joe, Jon B, and don't forget Baby Face. That's not fucking music, that's for making love."

Ron cradled his chin with his hand, "And how old are you to be demanding that old head playlist?"

"Twenty One." She smiled.

"Twenty One!?" The men repeated simultaneously, shocked at the young woman who had a body way more mature than a twenty one year old.

Ron chuckled, as he hadn't been that age in ten years but boy did he miss those days. He was unstoppable back then. As the group continued to chat back and forth, he began to feel his phone vibrate with another call - this time it being Korey and telling him it was time to handle business.