Chapter 13: Leaving Home

On Sunday night, I had the same dream as the night before. At first I was dreaming that Kort and I were at a hotel with Jaquellen, and we were dying Easter eggs, just because we can,  and then Kort changed into a rabbit and I fed him carrots (A/N I have no idea where that just came from, so don't ask).  But after he had gotten his fill of vegetables, my friends disappeared. The figure in the cloak came out of no where, and I was back on the cliffs.

"Trust no one," they whispered, following me across the cliffs. I ran as fast as I could away from them, but they kept on coming back.  After a while, I could hear music in the background. My brain became more alert, and I realized it was my alarm.  I started to wake up, but before I could the figure rushed up to me one more time.

"Trust no one," they said, and this time I caught a glimpse of their face. Her  face. I yelled out.

"Wait, don't leave! Who are you?" I asked her. I was quickly being drawn back into reality. The woman started to fade from view, and I reached out as if to keep her there. But she was gone.

 I opened my eyes and realized I was sitting up in bed with my arm stretched out in front of me. My breathing was heavy again, and I got out of bed as I tried to calm my heartbeat and troubled mind. The first time I had thought that the dream may have just been a result of a crazy day, but now I wasn't so sure. I never had dreams more than once that were that specific. I did have a recurring dream about me and my cousin in a mine holding up lanterns, but this dream was a whole other level of creepiness (but let me tell you, that mine gives me the shivers).

As I continued to wake up, I remembered what day it was: the day the board was coming to tell my parents that I was going to live in Tikh. I started panicking. I knew this day was coming. I knew I would have to leave my home. I knew I would be able to call them all the time. But I was still terrified. I had moved before. But this time, I was completely alone. I always had my siblings to back me up and my parents to support me. But now,  it was just me.

I jumped out of bed and put on some clothes. I wasn't sure when the board would be here, but I wanted to be prepared. After I had finished tying my shoes I walked out of my bedroom and almost ran smack into a member of the board.  I stumbled back but caught myself, and looked around the room. My parents were on the couch, talking to the other six of them. Jaquellen was also there. Both of my parents looked extremely worried. They looked up as I came in, and Mr. Green gestured for me to sit down on the couch next to them. 

I sat down nervously and looked at my parents. They both looked scared. I smiled reassuringly at them. Mr. Green kept talking.

"I assure you, she will be perfectly safe in Tikh," he said. "This is going to be hard for all of you I'm sure, but it is completely necessary. Without proper training, she could seriously hurt someone." He turned to me. "I have told them what you can do. Would you care to demonstrate your gift?" he asked me. I nodded, and focused on an ugly lamp that I knew my mom hated, so she wouldn't care if I dropped it. I thought of something that made me mad, and I put that energy into the object. It floated a few feet above the ground, my parents gaping. I kept it up there for a moment, then set it down. My parents were speechless. It was silent, until I heard the voice of my little brother.

"Why did that lamp float mom?" he asked. I whirled around to see him standing on the top step of the staircase.

My mom tried to think of an explanation that wouldn't weird him out. "I don't know," she finally said. "Go play some more Mario Kart, okay?" He nodded happily and ran back downstairs.

"She already seems to have wonderful control of that. Does she really need to leave?" my mom asked after he had gone downstairs. Ms. Red nodded her head sadly.

"If it wasn't necessary, we wouldn't be here," she said. "We hate having to take her away." My mom looked at me.

"Sweetie, are you okay with this?" she said, worried. I nodded.

"It's not like I really have a choice," I said. 

"You always have a choice," my mom said seriously. "If you don't want to go, then you will stay here and there is nothing they can do about it...whoever they are," she said defiantly, pointing at the board. 

I shook my head. "It's okay Mom. Yes, it will be a major adjustment, but it's not like I'll be on another planet or anything."

"Just in another dimension," Jaquellen murmured. I shot her a look.

"Sarah, why is Jaquellen here?" my dad asked. She smiled.

"I'm secretly from the place that Sarah is going to live now," she said simply. "I moved here to spy on her." My parents sat quietly, trying to process that information. 

"I know this is a lot to process," Ms. Red said, "but we have to know your decision. We can only be absent from our world for so long before something goes wrong."

"Anyways," said Ms. Red, giving him a look, "what do you think?" My parents quietly thought for a moment. 

"I think I want her to stay here," my mom said, and my heart sunk. But then she said, " But I know she belongs there. I've always felt like she was special, and not a normal special. As long as you promise to take care of her, I give you my permission to take care of Sarah." My dad agreed, and relief flooded me. Mr. Green looked relieved that it was over. 

"Well then, we will be back late tonight to come get her," he said. "She doesn't need to pack anything if she doesn't want to, because we will have supplies for her when she gets there. Anything she wants to bring is fine with us." I nodded, making a mental list of what I wanted to pack. It was uncomfortably silent for a moment. "Until then, I guess." My parents stood up and let them out, and after a very long talk about what had just happened, I went into my room to pack.

Hi everyone! Sorry this took FOREVER to write. I had major writer's block. And this is kind of random, but is there something you want me to write about? If anyone has a story idea, I would love to hear it because I just never have any ideas. Thanks!

-Anna

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 11, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें