37

hueningkai: "Oh man, here we go."

soobin: "What's with the long line?"

hueningkai: "Oh, that's right, it's you're first February here. The line is for Cupid Boxes."

soobin: "Cupid boxes?"

hueningkai: "Valentine candy grams."

soobin: "People actually have the guts to do it?"

hueningkai: "That's the thing-- you're not allowed to sign your name on it."

soobin: "Okay, but people can tell by the handwriting."

hueningkai: "That's another thing-- you have to type out what you want to say on your phone and then the Cupid Box committee writes it into the gram for you."

soobin: "Don't their hands cramp up from all that writing?"

hueningkai: "They do rotating shifts throughout the week. I volunteered last year."

soobin: "You?"

hueningkai: "It counts as volunteer hours. I know an opportunity when I see one, okay?"

soobin: "Man... so they really make sure the recipient won't know it's you, huh?"

hueningkai: "Yep. Valentine's Day is pretty big around here. People go to all sorts of lengths to get their emotions out there."

soobin: "Really..."

hueningkai: "Really. But good luck sending one."

soobin: "What do you mean?"

hueningkai: "You said it yourself. Look how long that line is. You have to get there super early or know people who know people who can save you a spot."

soobin: "But it's just a candygram, wha--"

hueningkai: "No, no, no. Wrong. Nearly 90% of people here who receive or send out Cupid Boxes are in a relationship by the end of Valentine's Day."

soobin: "Seriously?"

hueningkai: "Okay, maybe I just pulled that statistic out of my ass. But seriously: it's like Couples Central on Valentine's Day. They form in, like, herds."

soobin: "Huh... do you know anyone on the Cupid Box commitee?"

hueningkai: "Nope."

soobin: "Is it too late to volunteer?"

hueningkai: "Guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Why, do you... Soobin? Where the hell did he go..."