Teasing

In Miyuki's room...

(Miyuki pov)

I wonder why Kuramochi gave me this manga when he stopped by after my shower. Normally he would have just waited to hand it to me in class or throw it at me. He was being really secretive about this one, he even told me I had to read it right away. And all he told me was that it would remind me of someone.

"And I was looking forward to my night off," I laugh.

I don't mind mangas, I just don't really read them, unless Sawamura makes me. I open it and start to read. After a few minutes I can't help but laugh out loud.

"This guy is exactly like Sawamura," I laugh, turning the page. "He even blushes the same. I wonder if Sawamura has re-"

My eyes follow the fine lines drawn in the book, the senpai's lips crushing his kouhei's as they desperately hold onto each other.

"Holy shit..." I pull the manga closer, shifting my eyes around my room to make sure no one snuck in while I was distracted.

Luckily my new roommate Okumara is not here. He still glares at me all the time, even though I've acknowledged him as a potential catcher. It would be bad if he or anyone else found out o was ready this.

I turn the next page, engrossed in the drawings and story, until there are no pages left.

I sit back in my chair at my desk, thinking about the characters and the similarities to my own loud mouth partner.

When I met Sawamura in the fall of my first year, he was so loud and fearless going up against Azuma senpai, I couldn't help myself. He caught my attention, I wanted to catch for him again. I couldn't believe my luck when I came face to face with that loud mouth crouching behind the shed on the first day.

I like how he never gives up, even when he had the yips, he struggled through and came out stronger. He also makes baseball fun.

I look back at the manga.

"I do tease him more than anyone else, but that doesn't mean that I'm harboring secret feelings...does it..."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Miuyki Kazuya! I know you're in there! Open the door right now!"

Speak of the Idiot, I laugh slightly as I walk over to the door. As soon as I open it, Sawamura slams his hand against the door.

"Where's my manga?!"

(Sawamura pov)

"What are you yelling about Sawamura?" Miyuki covers his ears, leaning against the door, just inches from my hand.

"I said I'd like my manga back!" I said sternly, pointing at his face. "I know you have it."

"Oh...so it's your manga?" He asks, eyebrows raised.

"W-well, technically a classmate leant it to me, so it's not really mine, but I do need it back," my voice breaks a little. Why am I getting nervous?

"Really? I wonder why they wanted you to read this?" He asks walking over to his desk, picking up the book. "It's not even about baseball."

"Huh? I like other sports besides baseball," I huffed. "Besides it was more of a romance, so I'm sure it doesn't interest you."

"I don't know about that," he grins, his eyes even smile. "I found it very interesting."

Oh my god... Miyuki actually read it?

(Miyuki pov)

I can see the hamster wheel turning in Sawamura's head, his face is so funny. He's so cute...wait... I shouldn't think that...right? I quickly shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I focus back on Sawamura. He's glaring at me.

"W-why did you read it?" His face turns bright red as he asks, his hands balling up at the bottom of his tee shirt.

"Hmmm..." I lean closer, still holding the book in my hand, bringing it up to my face, covering my mouth. "Is there a reason you didn't want me to read it?"

"H-huh? W-why wouldn't I want you to read it?" He says nervously looking me in the eye, his fake laugh makes me want to tease him more.

"I don't know...you tell me?" I start to hand over the book, but keep my grip on it and lean in closer. "Was there something in this you didn't want me to see?" I whisper.

"I...ah...don't know what you mean..." he starts to stutter, still not looking up at me, he doesn't try to pull the book away either.

I can't help myself, I lean closer and press the manga against his chest, like I usually do with my mit.

"There was a very interesting moment..." I whisper against his ear, I can almost feel the heat of embarrassment radiating off of him.
"...in the locker room," I finish my sentence, watching his eyes open wider. My free hand moves to the base of his neck, brushing his hair...

"...haaah," Sawamura gasps, his eyes lock onto mine as his hand reaches up, his fingers intertwining with mine.

It's so hard to breathe. "Sawa-"

"HAHA...that's why we practice...Oh!"

Perfect timing...I look behind Sawamura to see two of the new first years, Seto and my roommate Okumara, enter the room.

Seto's laughter had come to a halt, before he starts to speak again. "Sorry...we didn't mean to interrupt, Senpai's."

"O-oh, you didn't...really," Sawamura let's go of my hand and turns to the first years smiling, his face bright red.
He quickly snatches the book out of my hands. "I was just grabbing my book. Thank you Miyuki Kazuya! Have a good night! Get lots of rest!" He quickly slams the door shut.

I keel over, unable to stop my body from shaking. I start to laugh out of shock. What was I trying to do? Why did I touch him?

"You have a twisted sense of humor Senpai," Okumara says outright as he sits down at his desk.

"Koshu," Seto whispers, but it doesn't bother me. I know my own sense of humor, he really is spot on.

"Thank you," I grin, laughing as I walk to the door and open it. "Don't stay up too late boys."

"Yes, Captain," Seto smiles as Okumara grimaces, turning away to ignore me.
.
.
By the vending machine

(Sawamura pov)

"What the heck was that? Why did Miyuki have to read the manga? Why did he play with my hair...I just don't...ahhhh!" I quickly shake my head, refocusing on why I stopped at the drink machine.

"I need to stop thinking about it," I dig into my pocket, pulling out a few coins. I select my drink and sit down to enjoy it. I open it and take a drink.

Why did I react that way when he got close to me? I mean, I could smell his shampoo and it was really nice, almost like fresh coconut. Maybe I got hungry and that's why I started to feel a twist in my stomach.

"Why did he have to smell so good?" I huff out, before finishing my drink and tossing it into the trash can. I walk back to my room, holding onto the manga tightly.
.
.

(Miyuki pov)

He was talking about...me?

I run my hand through my wet hair, sighing as I lean back against the wall, where I'm hiding.

"Damn...he was too cute," I whisper into the night. I honestly didn't expect that to happen, it makes me happy. 

"You know...it's creepy when you say shit like that out loud."

I turn to see Kuramochi, scrunching his face in disgust.