Entrance exam (3/3)

Ela's Dorm, 6 AM
Y/n POV
After hours of sleep I awoke to a loud and obnoxious beeping noise coming from the bedside table. The new alarm clock. Luckily, Grace wasn't here right now as she was currently a 6 hour helicopter ride away, fixing a reached data server on a military base. She left me her key so I had a place to sleep, which was very trusting and generous of her, to leave a space as personal as her living space in the hands of a stranger. After realising I had to get up i slid out the bed and onto the floor where i was able to stand up and stretch my tightened muscles.

After walking through the barren hallways for 5 minutes I finally came upon the training room. What grabbed my attention immediately was the humongous boxing ring in the middle, thick red ropes surrounding it. Next to grab my attention was the virtual reality technology in the corner, a counter measure to the ever increasing costs of running simulations. After those two it was pretty mundane, all the necessary things you would find in a training room were here, weights, treadmills, pull up bars etc... all of which were state of the arc equipment. Before I decided to batter the punching bag I did a few stretches, deciding today would be the worst day to pull a muscle. The room was dim, with tiny bits of light seeping through windows and, with great struggle, lighting up the dark room slightly. Finally, I approached the bag, wrapping gauze and tape around my hands as I did, before raring up a right hook and throwing it. Swiftly I threw hooks and jabs with extreme precision, targeting where the throat, liver or pressure points would be if the bag was a real person. Jab after jab I slowly started to tire myself, which forced me to take deep breaths as I continued my onslaught onto the punching bag. After a little longer, deep breathing wasn't cutting it anymore and I was forced to stop, panting heavily as i yanked of the lid to my bottle of water.
"Quite impressive for a child, not many operators have the stamina to go on that long" commented a voice, causing me to snap to the sound it originated from. What greeted me was a woman with biceps bigger than my head and a solid foot taller than me, with short, luscious, blonde hair atop her head. Just because of her obvious superiority in physical prowess I let the insult slide.
"How long have you been there?" I asked, setting my bottle of water down.
"Ever since you decided to bully that poor punching bag" she stated with a chuckle "never expected to see anyone up this early, especially a recruit"
"Well, I seem to be the only recruit taking this seriously" i responded, walking past her to get to the treadmill.
"Very true, I haven't seen any recruit actually enter the training room save for you" she responded.
"Hmph, then why do the operators constantly give me hassle?" I asked to which she gave a grim chuckle.
"Because no one wants to watch a child die"
"And who said I'm going to be dieing? Also, stop calling me a child and start calling me by my name" I replied to which she frowned.
"You are merely 16, still a child in my eyes. And this isn't just a casual job where we stop bad guys, this is a dangerous job where we kill extremely dangerous people" she stated to which I frowned.
"You dont think I know that?!" I shouted in anger "you don't think I haven't seen what they can do"
The woman gained a sympathetic look as I tried to glare at her, but could only give her a saddened look.
"... what did they take from you?" She asked in a whisper.
"... my parents.. and my life with them" I replied, turning away.
"But surely they wouldn't want you to die chasing a dream of destroying the white mask" she urged.
"Well the way I see it there's two outcomes, one in which we succeed and the white mask is destroyed or two... I get to see my parents again" I stated, preparing to leave the training room. The woman took a sharp intake of air after I said that and I dont blame her, I practically just told her I wouldn't care if I died.
"And that is exactly why we don't want you continuing here, I understand your skilled but your just too young" she stated firmly, at this I raised a brow.
"We huh?... so you and I dont know how many people want me gone so bad that you'll crank up the difficulty for my tests so I don't pass huh?" I asked, though I was surprisingly calm I still did not want to continue this conversation.
"... it's for the best" was her only reply.
I started walking away, letting out a sigh of annoyance.
"Yeah? Well unfortunately for you I'm not gonna just give up. I WILL beat this test and I WILL become an operator... I just hope I never get paired with you on a mission less I want a bullet in the back" I spat, opening the doors to leave the room.
"I'd never betray those that watch my back!... I hope you do well against Kapkan, for that is your final challenge" she spoke. I took the information in before leaving.