Hand picked

Hereford base, track field
12:33 PM
Y/n POV
"DOUBLE TIME THOMPSON YOU FUCKING SNAIL" I shouted, following behind the group of recruits jogging round the track. Dripping in sweat and panting heavily the group stumbled towards the finish line before collapsing into a pile of sweat. While they tried to get their breath back I took a sip of water before chucking the rest of the bottle onto the panting recruits.
"Take 5, next you will be carrying someone through a 20 minute course" I said, waiting next to the group.
"Are *pant* you even *pant* human?" Asked one of the recruits.
"Yeah *pant* your only 12" he said, getting a few chuckles. As he went to take a drink I kicked the bottle of water out of his hand.
"16 actually and you better keep your smart mouth shut because I'm 7 years younger than you and I can crawl through a small tunnel without crying" I replied, instantly getting howling laughter from the group. The smart mouthed git instantly became quiet, reminiscening about that embarrassing memory.
"L/N!" Boomed a voice.
Spinning round I immediately stood at attention. Walking towards me were two men, one was General Williams and the other was a well dressed man who had a natural calming aura.
"Stand down L/n" said General Williams.
"Six, this is brigadier L/n, L/n this is Six, the leader of team rainbow"
While on the outside I was neutral, on the inside I was shaking. Team rainbow was the most prestigious team to ever exist and this time of year they were gathering potential recruits to take the test to see if they are worthy enough to join. Out of the sixty candidates that are picked, only 5 usually make it through. If he was here now, either he's picking me as a participant or... I've been found out by someone who doesn't like me being a brigadier in the S.A.S at my age.
"Hello sir, I hope this isnt anything bad" I said, shaking the mans hand
"No y/n, I'm here to invite you to the entrance exam for team rainbow" he replied, smiling warmly.
"Erm, my age won't be a problem will it?" I asked, breathing in a deep breath.
"Ah... for me I think your perfectly capable but... you may have difficulties with other recruits and operators. You see, as the new six I have a very high clearance level and I've seen your whole file unclassified..." my eyes widened slightly "I understand what you've been through and why your allowed stay in the special forces, but no one in team rainbow is allowed to see your file so they don't understand"
My good mood instantly vanished. In the S.A.S I had a very difficult time climbing the ranks, constant ridicule and bullying, underestimation, treating me like I couldn't hold a gun. I was ostracized and it took so much hard work to get to a point where I'm respected. If I accept this... I'll be going through everything all over again.
"Thankyou six... but I'm sorry, I won't be going" I replied, shocking general William's as well as the group of recruits I was training.
"Hmm... I'm sorry to hear that brigadier l/n. I believe team rainbow could greatly benefit from your skills" six said, a sad tone to his voice.
Turning around I started to walk towards the group of recruits before I heard six say one more thing
"If you do change your mind a helicopter will be waiting for you tommorow at 5 am, maybe if you join then what happened at cambridge won't happen again" I froze up before spinning around and glaring at the man.
"Maybe if you kept your fat fucking nose out of other people's business you might actually be fucking liked" I replied, which made everyone go slack jaw, save for six who just smiled slightly.
"L/N I SWEAR T-" the captain was cut off by six putting his arm to the captain's chest, before slowly walking towards me.
"I can't say I understand what you went through those years ago, but I can tell you that the people at team rainbow are not like thos-""
"I don't speak about that memory for a reason, I'd rather you not remind me you nosy cunt" I replied, turning back and walking off.

3rd person

"I'm sorry about him six, I'll ensure he's punished appropriately for that disrespect" spoke the captain.
"Please, I request that you don't. That boy, despite his age, has been through much more than any man or woman could." Six replied in a pitiful tone
"Oh and please..."

"Call me harry"

Time skip
Hereford base, Dorm room
9pm

Lying awake in their bed was brigadier l/n, reminiscing on the horrific memory that six had reminded him about. The bodies, the betrayal... the torture. He was lucky to come out alive, even luckier to be royally granted the privilege of still being in the S.A.S despite his age. While reminiscing, his phone started to vibrate. At first it seemed to just be a notification, but it didnt stop. Assuming it was just a mistakenly set alarm clock, the brigadier tapped at the screen bit, much to his annoyance, it didnt stop. Picking up the phone, y/n was shocked to find what appeared to be a picture of a white devil wearing glasses. Suddenly, the vibration stopped before a message appeared on the pitch black screen.
'Hello y/n, can you see this message?'
"What the fuck is going on?" He mumbled standing up. Suddenly, the message vanished while another one took its place
'Judging by your reaction I'm guessing you can'
By now, y/n had enough and walked up to pull the alarm, in Hope's of alerting everyone to the digital attack. Only, the alarm didnt go off. Y/n tried pushing it up and back down again but I didnt work. Looking back down at his phone another message had appeared
'Don't bother, I've already hacked the alarm.'
Now he was really worried, but that suddenly changed to really angry once the next message appeared
'Don't worry though, I'm from team rainbow. For someone your age I'd expect alot more dirt on your phone'
Embarrassed and angry he glared at the camera before saying
"What do you want?"
'I simply want to show you something'
Soon after that message appeared, another one appeared below it
'Plug in your TV'
Doing as the message said he walked over to the wall and pushed the plug into the socket, causing the TV to light up instantly. What appeared was a graph, featuring very high bars in multiple different countries.
"What am I looking at?" Asked the brigadier.
After he said that words were added to the graph. Deaths, injured. After that, numbers. 10 000, 20 000, 30 000.
"What's your point in all this" he asked, balling his fists. The next thing that appeared were two different news articles.
'Bartlett university terrorist attack, 127 dead, 47 injured'
'Cambridge university terror attack, 415 dead, 17 injured, S.A.S squad gone missing'
"YOUVE GOT SOME FUCKING NERVE SHOWING ME THIS!" Shouted y/n, pushing his nails into his hands. Blood started to drip between his fingers as his teeth grit together like a hydraulic press.
Suddenly, a third article appeared.
'Fake oxford Bomb scare creates panic amidst the ominous white mask threat of another attack'
The appearance of a third article compared to the previous two articles caused a dark and cold feeling to set in the pit of his stomach. Hairs rose to attention at the back of his neck as he let out a deep sigh.
"...The bomb scare... it wasnt fake, was it?" He asked grimly, already knowing the answer.
Pictures flooded in from what he could only assume was a classified file. Some depicted crates of gas canisters, one depicted a pillar covered in C4.
'215 canisters of a classified bio weapon and enough C4 to block all exits and entrances, this was barely stopped.'
"How was it stopped?" He asked
'Faulty dispersal systems forced a terrorist to go back into the building and manually set them off, he was apprehended by a security guard who thought he looked suspicious. A sweep of the building by the staff forced an evacuation and we were called in, covered it up to prevent panic'
"Why go through all the trouble to get me? Many people all over the world would be more than happy to join team rainbow and have as much expertise as me...  what makes me special?" He asked, awaiting a reply
'... because your one of the few people who have the grit and determination to keep pushing despite the challenges and hardships you'll encounter, all in the effort to watch the white mask burn'
Y/n went silent, debating what to do in his head.
'We are at war y/n, we need your support. I'll be waiting in the helicopter tommorow, I hope to see you there.'
_________________________________________
Hope you enjoyed
Bye!