34. Mason; all I want for Christmas

After work I’d showered and gotten myself ready to head over to Brandon’s, it hadn’t been the plan and honestly I was a little nervous because I didn’t know if he would want me to just turn up without asking but I never asked before now. The main concern I had was he had been out with his girlfriend all day and although now home I was scared he might of been back home with her.

When his texts were so regular and fast I doubted she was there with him deciding to just head over. I stopped off at Asda on the way to pick some stuff up, it was Christmas after all and we both needed to start getting into the spirit of it all.

I let myself inside not surprised to see his front door was unlocked like always, putting my pile of goodies on the floor by the door to surprise him in a minute I walked over to him looking over him as he stared at me looking like he had seen a ghost. Other than how terrified he looked he was flawless. He was wearing navy jeans and a baggy crew neck jumper that had some basketball team spread over the front of it.

His hair was fanned out on arm of the sofa under his head it lay out perfectly like a halo. It was his jeans though that I was staring at, I don’t know how but they fit him so well flat over his stomach, tight but not skinny looking. I licked my lips looking to his face again. I wasn’t expecting to be called a prick as soon as I got here, and what for I have no idea.

“What did I do?” I asked confused his playfulness putting me at ease when he pulled me making me loose my balance down on top of him the wind being knocked out of me as my chest collided with his it not being helped as he prodded at my ribs. I wiggled my way out of his grasp falling onto the floor waving the white flag of retreat if I’d of had one.

As we sat still finally I could feel his heart thumping under my head at whatever I’d done to scare him, I think letting myself into his house without warning, had proper wound him up. “Your heart is pounding.” I turned to face him not meaning to of got him so worked up. “You okay now?” I smiled hoping he would relax now I’m here. “I can protect you from the big bad guys.” I squeezed his cheek making him flail his arms to push me off.

“What are you doing here? Not that I’m not happy to see you but I didn’t think you were coming.” He sounded happy to see me that was for sure.

“It’s Christmas.” I pinched my Christmas jumper I’d put on holding it up so he could see. It was a thin knitted one that had holes and rips all over it, purposeful ones though it was like it when I brought it, and it had a big tree on the front. “And hang on.” I stood up heading over to the front door grabbing everything I’d just brought bringing it over to him. “This is for you. Get it on.” I threw him the Christmas jumper I just brought him not sure if he even owned one, I did look at the really tacky ones that have the giant cartoon Santa’s on and real ball balls and lights and even sings but I knew even if I convinced him today to wear it he wouldn’t in the future so I went more fashionable. It was baggy like all his jumpers, red and covered in the traditional snow flake patterns going across in lines, a line of white small Christmas trees across the chest.

“What else you got?” He sat up looking in my hands nosey as always.

“Wanna make a ginger bread house?” I held up the pre-made box that I’d brought and two extra bags of sweets.

“Mason mate I fucking love you.” He laughed sitting up onto the edge of the sofa still holding the jumper. “Let me change and then we are so making that.” He grinned standing and walking towards the stairs. I sat on the sofa reading the back of the boxes instructions hoping it would be easy. I mean it couldn’t be too hard. The gingerbread mix  is already all weighed out you just have to add water to it then pour it into the moulds and bake. Then literally its just icing it together and decorate.

I put the box down looking up at Brandon’s eight foot tree. It was huge I have no idea how they managed to reach the top for the star but they had and it was almost touching the ceiling. The amount of lights on it had fascinated me even from outside when I caught a glimpse of it glowing through the window. I recognised all the ornaments on it from previous years, pretty much all of them being only a couple years old as they’d all been replaced after his parents split up. I’d brought him a new one last year from a Christmas fair near where my Aunt lives when we had gone to visit. Remembering it now it’s quite funny really because it’s a sexy elf wearing just green underwear and red heels. I was looking for it on the tree but I couldn’t see it anywhere, maybe he had decided not to put it up this year... I went over to the tree for a better look still it was no where in sight.

“Brandon” I shouted for him, he was taking forever getting changed he might as well of been showering it seemed that long since he’d been gone. I heard him shout what from upstairs confirming he was listening and could hear me. “Where’s your naughty elf?” I shouted hearing his feet on the stairs I turned around just in time to get the view of him shirtless at my side as he pulled the jumper I brought over his head. He was wearing some grey joggers and his hair was now pulled into a bun on top of his head, he smelt amazing as he came even closer to me. Had he been making an effort for me while upstairs? He dropped to his knees at my feet going under the tree to pull a box out from under it.

“You didn’t think I’d do the entire tree without you?” He asked opening the box showing some decorations still inside. It was hard to act normal though as his face was lined up with my crotch and he was staring up at me with big brown eyes... If I could grab his hair right now and pull my own joggers down to show him what exactly he does to me... but then again he can probably already see exactly what his doing to me. I took a step away and he smiled cheekily down to the box grabbing it and pulling it up with him taking it to the sofa. “Your naughty elf prince.” He found it turning around holding it by the string hanger.

“You put it on.” I told him coming over to the box to get something to put on the tree too. “Hang on we are meant to have Christmas music.” I remembered going over to the T.v. I searched for the music channels finding a Christmas countdown one Michael Buble playing. “Better.” I settled for it going back to the box and beginning the tree decorating festivities.

We were joking around getting the last bits on fighting over the little branches that were left as the entire tree even the very top where Brandon had the advantage reaching higher than me, was full. “Last one I’m sure we are meant to do it together.” I grinned teasing him.

“No go on I know you want to.” He gave in letting me take the rainbow colour bauble from the box. Looking at the tree I was trying to find the perfect spot not seeing any I liked. “Mason.” Brandon called my name from behind me and I turned around my hand held out to the tree I was surprised seeing he was taking my picture.

“Your a dork.” I laughed shaking my head. “I need your help.” I told him knowing where I wanted it but not being able to reach. “See that branch above the nutcracker. There.” I told him handing him the ornament to hang for me.

“Perfect.” I grinned once done.
We again were caught up in staring at each other when he looked away from the tree down at me. The glow of the lights on his face making everything seem brighter. I looked down at his lips, close to mine them back up to his eyes seeing them on my lips too. We couldn’t kiss again. We had to just behave ourselves and not make this into something we can’t handle. “Baby all I want for Christmas is you...” He sang randomly loudly making me push him as I laughed at how stupid he was. Even funnier was that he tried stepping backwards his foot hitting nothing in particular but still making him fall towards the tree. My quick reflexes again saved the day as I grabbed him to stop him. “Good catch.” He whispered surprised what almost just happened.

“Come on gingerbread house before you break something.” I told him letting go of his side turning and putting some distance between us grabbing the gingerbread box and sweets from the sofa taking them into the kitchen him in toe behind me.