Part 19

"What's the diagnosis, Doc?" Tony asked Bruce as he fiddled with a pen, walking back and forth beside where the two of you were sat at your desk.

Bruce took his glasses off as he let out a deep sigh. "She's not sick, Tony," He stated.

Tony scoffed as he came to a stop. "Duh, the healed bullet wound is a pretty obvious clue to that, Banner,"

"Tony," You let out a light sigh as you turned your attention back to Bruce. "What he means, Bruce, is what's going on?"

Bruce nodded. "It appears that the Super-Soldier serum that was lacing Steve's blood as for some reason, decided it was going to repair any damaged cells in your body. Including the ones that were from... Hmm... You know..." He stopped talking as he approached the subject of 'your father'.

You rolled your eyes nodding. "So, you're saying, what, exactly? I'm becoming a super soldier?"

You frowned. Ugh, bulging biceps was not a look you could pull off.

"Unlikely," Bruce gave you a reassuring smile as he continued. "You haven't received enough serum to completely transform you, just enough for it to affect your health."

"Oh," You nodded slowly. "So, how long will it last?"

Bruce shrugged. "I haven't a clue,"

Tony scoffed again, dramatically throwing his hands up. "Some help you are," You rolled your eyes at him as Bruce grabbed your file.

"It's hard to say. If it was just because of Steve's blood, then it would have worked its way out of your system by now but it's not. The serum as modified itself to your DNA, it's helping your body, it's in your system now. I literally have no idea if it's a permanent thing or not. I don't even know if it'll heal new injuries or not." He huffed, dropping the file back onto the table. "Has everything completely healed now?"

You nodded. "No scar from the bullet wound or anything," You shrugged your shoulder that you were shot in as if to prove a point.

Not even two weeks after being shot and you were back to normal, better than before actually.

"Stab her," Tony remarked from beside you.

You scoffed and shook your head as you turned to look at him.

"What?" He shrugged. "We'd know if the serum was still healing you because in a couple of hours it will have healed, right, Doc?" Tony explained, idiotically.

"Hmm..." Bruce paused as he ran his hand over the back of his head before reluctantly nodding. "Sure, I mean, a pinprick would work just as well-"

"Nah," He quickly dismissed the idea, "that will heal too, quickly," Tony shook his head as he turned on the spot and headed for Bruce's medical equipment. You raised an eyebrow as you listened to him clanging utensils about, worried. "It needs to be a real wound to really be able to test-"

"You are not, stabbing me!" You jumped up as he turned around with a scalpel in his hand.

"Oh, c'mon, it won't hurt," Tony made his way towards you as you stood behind Bruce for protection. "Just a little stab, that's all,"

"Tony, I don't think this is such a good idea," Bruce held his hands up trying to stay out of it as Tony continued to try and 'help'.

"Knock it off!" Steve bounded into the lab like a man on a mission.

FRIDAY had notified him as soon as Tony's ridiculous idea to stab you a little had left his mouth. He wasn't exactly sure what was going on but he knew what Tony was like, hell, he once poked Bruce to try and wake-up the big guy, so Steve was quick to drop his weights in the middle of his work out and come to your rescue, as it were.