Part 12

You ran as fast as your feet would carry you through the halls. As soon as F.R.I.D.A.Y. notified you that Tony was awake, you un-tangled yourself from in between Steve and Bucky. Poor Steve nearly fell out of bed you moved that fast. Before the doors were fully opened to the medical bay, you squeezed your tiny body through the gap and carried on until you could hear voices.

Bruce turned around just as you ran through the door of the room Tony was in, offering a calm smile. "Y/N, I wou-" You catapulted yourself into Tony's chest before Bruce could finish.

You almost knocked him off the bed, the impact making him groan in pain. "Jesus, kid, do you want to break me?" he chuckled, wrapping his arms around you.

"Oh, Tony, I was so worried about you. I'msosorry, please, don'tbemadatme. Icouldn'tlivewithmyselfifyouhatedme, you'relikemydad, please forgive-"

"Y/N!" Tony pulled back, holding your face in both of his large hands as he looked at you, a gentle smile covering his face. "Breath."

You nodded slowly taking a deep breath. 30 years old and you still spoke at a million miles a minute if you were worried you'd disappointed someone. You used to do it when you were a kid, trying to apologize as fast as you could if you'd done something you shouldn't have, hoping you'd be forgiven sooner. Your dad hated it, 'made you look weak' but Tony thought it was cute.

"Y/N, I'm not mad at you." he let out a soft sigh before looking at Bruce over your shoulder. "Banner, think you could leave us alone for a bit. We need to talk."

Bruce nodded before taking his glasses off. "Of course, Tony. I'll let the others know you're okay."

You gave him a smile before turning your attention back to Tony. "Am I in trouble?"

Tony rolled his eyes dramatically. "You're not a kid anymore, Y/N, you can't get in trouble." he smiled a little. "Although you did get into a lot of it."

"I had a good teacher." you gave him a coy smile, looking up from your hands. "Shall we talk, then?"

Tony nodded taking a deep breath. "Okay but, I don't need all, the details. I might be sick if I start thinking about the Cap's bare ass and whatever else."

This time you rolled your eyes before laughing. "Drama queen."

----------

"Do you think she's alright?" Bucky asked Steve for the hundredth time that morning.

Steve tried not to seem irritated but after being asked the same thing so many times over a few hours it tendered to get so. "Buck, she's with Tony, not Thanos, she's fine." he snapped. Bucky stood up straight sending daggers Steve's way. Steve sighed shaking his head as he stood up from his seat. "Buck, 'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you, it's- I'm, worried too." Steve sighed deeply as he dropped his head. "I know, I shouldn't but-"

Bucky quickly closed the gap between them and wrapped his arms around Steve. "I know, I know..." Bucky gently placed his right hand on the back of Steve's head, gently stroking his hair.

"She's our girl, Buck."

"Captain Rogers, Sergeant Barnes, your presence is needed down in the lab," F.R.I.D.A.Y. announced taking Steve and Bucky by surprise.

"Hmm, thank you, F.R.I.D.A.Y.," Steve answered as he stepped back from Bucky. The pair looked at each other for a moment before both cracking out in smiles. "Let's go see what trouble we're in."

-----------

"There doesn't seem to be any signs of this Smith, guy." Tony walked back and forth in front of Fury and Bruce.