Part 17

"Maybe, she doesn't want to be found." Sam tried to reason as he shrugged his shoulders quickly holding his hands up when everyone quickly gave him an unimpressed look. "I'm just saying."

Steve hummed in response, not really paying attention as he stared over to where Bucky was stood out in the hallway, pacing the floor. He was beginning to worry if they didn't find you soon, Bucky might snap.

As soon as Steve had stepped out of your room, he'd ordered everyone to drop what they were doing. Tony was in the lab with Bruce mapping your latest locations, cross-checking footage whilst Nat and Rhodey were searching CCTV and your call history, anything to help. Sam was trying to help but all he seemed to do was put his foot in it, hence why Bucky was out in the hallway, he was already close to punching Sam.

The sound of Steve's cell broke him from his worrying thoughts. He let out a deep sigh as he pulled it out of his back pocket, frowning as Peter's name flashed up on the screen.

Steve cleared his throat as he answered. "This isnt-"

"Steve!" Your panicked voice filled the line.

"Y/N? Doll? Talk to me."

"I need you. Please."

Steve's mouth went dry, the sheer panic in your voice made him feel sick. "Bucky!" Steve called out for him, catching the attention of the others.

The moment their eyes met through the glass wall, Bucky knew something was wrong. He could see the fear in Steve's eyes, something was wrong with their girl.

"Cap, we've got a problem!" Tony announced as he and Bruce walked in through the door,  Bucky following.

"Yeah, I know. Doll, I'm putting you on speakerphone."

"Put it up, F.R.I.D.A.Y," Tony ordered the AI as Steve put you on speaker. Everyone gathered around the large screen, Peter's hands appeared in front of them, moving and webbing the apartment door.

"What are we looking at?" Steve turned to face Tony.

"A live feed from Peter's suit," Bruce explained. "Peter says someone's trying to get in."

"Who?" Bucky asked.

"Hydra." You answered over the phone.

"Doll?" Bucky called out to you.

"Yeah, Buck," You answered, raising your free hand as you came into view on the screen. "I'm fine, although, I'm not sure for how much longer." You glanced at the door.

Steve let out a deep sigh. "Right, we've gotta act quick. If that is Hydra, we all know what they'll do." He turned to face Tony. "Stark, you're the fastest we have to reach them in time, GO!"

"Got it!"

Steve turned to the screen. "Peter, get Y/N out of there and keep her safe."

"Fire escape. We can use that." Peter answered taking a hold of your hand and pulling you down the hall.

Steve turned his attention to the others. "Sam, get the others and start up the quinjet," Steve ordered everyone. He waited for them to leave before turning to Bucky. "She'll be okay."

Bucky nodded. "How can you say that? If it is Hydra and they get a hold of her, we might as well say goodbye to her. They'll use her, Steve-"

"Hey," Steve placed his hands on Bucky's shoulders, giving them a gentle rub in a reassuring way. "Nothing like that is going to happen to her, understand? She's not stupid, Bucky, we taught her well. C'mon, let's go."
---------------
You ran as fast as your now bare feet would carry you, your heels having been ditched the moment Peter made you climb down the fire escape. Peter wasn't far behind you doing all he could to keep you safe.