"I don't think you'll ever look like a dried prune," he says when he has recovered from laughing. He gives me a look that sends a flutter through my stomach. "You'll be beautiful even in old age."

Before it turns into a hiccup, I swallow my last giggle. "I think I might be changing my opinion about weddings."

"Sounds promising." He looks at my empty glass. "How about I get us another drink, and then we talk some more? Maybe not about dried prunes, but you can tell me everything you know about flowers."

I nod in agreement, a smile plastered to my face.

He stands up and straightens his suit. The way he carries himself radiates self-assuredness, but there's not a trace of arrogance in his behaviour. And I can't help but notice again how tall he is. I'm sure that even with my high heels on, he still towers over me. Not that I'm complaining. He's perfectly proportioned, too, from what I can glean through his suit.

"Penny," I hear him say.

"Yes?" I blink and look up at him.

"I asked you what you want me to bring you." His lips are twitching in amusement.

Damn! Whatever happened to my resolution not to ogle good-looking guys? Apparently this wedding is making me throw all my usual standards overboard. But, then why shouldn't I? I'm having fun for once, and I don't see any harm in that. That's what weddings are for, after all, right?

"I'll take a mojito." I'm probably blushing like a tomato.

"I'll make it two then." He heads towards the bar, where Dave is having a drink on his own.

I completely lose track of time as we are immersed in conversations about flowers, food, music, and even Greek myths

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I completely lose track of time as we are immersed in conversations about flowers, food, music, and even Greek myths. Haze speaks with such a passion about those stories, it makes me almost think he has lived through them himself. After the third mojito, myths and reality begin to blend, and it becomes hard to pick apart truth and imagination.

"So, are you dating someone?" He looks at me over the rim of his glass.

I shake my head. "No, I did in the past, but found out it wasn't worth the effort."

We finally get to the point where I usually keep everyone out, my personal love life, but I find that I don't really want to pull up the walls I usually erect around my heart. I don't think I've ever shared so many secrets about myself with someone I've only known for a few hours.

"What about you? Any girlfriend?"

"No, not right now. Most girls are just interested in the money. They don't care about the person behind the facade."

I wonder if he has allowed me a peek behind the facade, shown me a glimpse of the real Haze.

By the time we arrive at the fourth mojito — or is it the fifth? — I'm slumped against the backrest and stare at the practically deserted dance floor. The band is still playing, but their songs have long blurred into one endless out-of-tune medley. I can't really tell where the buzzing in my ear is coming from and why tiny dots are flickering in my vision. My tongue feels like lead and I really need to go and pee, but I'm afraid that my wobbly legs won't make the trip to the bathroom a graceful one.

Untie the Knotजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें