Thought Three. - Party Hardy.

Beginne am Anfang

            “Woah! Awesome costume!” I say, buckling up my seatbelt.

            “Thanks! Do I pass as Dracula?” He asks, starting the engine.

            “You look like Dracula in the flesh! If I didn’t know you… I’d totally be afraid right now.” I say, laughing a little.

            We start driving to Kirk’s place, with the heat blasted. I’m thankful for his observant skills, because there’s quite a chill in the air tonight, and I’m only wearing my dress.

            “By the way Em, you look incredible tonight.” He says, looking over to me while driving.

            “Thanks, but eyes on the road mister!” I say sternly, although I’m sure he can see the little smile playing on my lips.

            “Alright, but if I didn’t know you… I would eat you up!” He says, trying to be creepy.

            A shiver runs up my spine, even though I know he’s joking. For some reason those words got to me though. I let out a little laugh; even though I don’t think that he buys it.

            “So I bought you some vodka… wasn’t sure about what you prefer to drink…” He says, turning left onto Kirk’s street.

            “Thanks, vodka’s fine.”

I wasn’t really planning on drinking… but I suppose a few won’t hurt. He did go through the trouble to buy me a bottle.

            We pull up to Kirk’s house, and find a parking spot on the side of the road. The place is packed, and it’s only ten after nine. I stare out my window gawking at all of the people on the front lawn, and the hoards of people that I can see through the house window that are inside already.

            “Ready, my little Victorian princess?” Blake asks, opening my door for me.

            I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks at his nickname for me. I gently nod, and get out of his car. He shuts the door behind me, and places his arm around my waist.

            We walk up to the house in silence, the music blaring from the party making it a comfortable silence between us. Blake holds our alcohol in two paper bags, and leads me inside. As we make our way through the crowds, my ears try to adjust to the deafeningly – loud music.

            “Let’s go to the kitchen area and grab some cups and soda.” Blake yells in my ear, giving me goose bumps from the close proximity. I nod my head and let him take my hand to lead me into the room.

            Making our way through the people, I lean against the island in the kitchen and watch Blake as he helps himself to two plastic cups, and a bottle of Pepsi. He pours his drink and is just about to pour mine, when a girl topples into his side, completely taking him by surprise.